Search Results (Searched for: )

02 Jun 2016 01:24

tenbob wrote: Hi. I'm using the Crypsis template. Under each post there is a message saying "Please Log in or Register to join the conversation". "Register" works correctly, but "Log in" doesn't do anything. The target URL is "#klogin" on the same page, but this doesn't exist.

Yes, it does exist. Don't worry, the first time I saw this on a test site I almost panicked, too. The cursor focus does change to the login "pull-down" (as 810 correctly stated) it's just that the change in focus is subtle (and almost invisible on a touch-screen display).

So, don't worry, it's working as it was designed to do. :)
02 Jun 2016 01:19
Replied by sozzled on topic Rsform to Forum post

CprlRst wrote: OK I have setup the test location. ... If you click form from the menu it will show the form that's trying to be added to the forum. I hope this helps a little

Yes it helps a lot. You're right, you get a "You do not have permissions to access this page." (which is not the same as a HTTP 404 Not Found error).

I think 810 is on the right track. It's possible that the message may be pending/on-hold or that the category setting permissions are out-of-whack with the forum configuration settings.
01 Jun 2016 23:12
As I wrote earlier, without knowing anything about your website, it's next-to-impossible analyse the cause of your problem. 95% of "HTTP 404 Not Found" errors in Joomla are related to the menu—I am taking a wild but educated guess. So, how have you set up your forum menu?
01 Jun 2016 22:54
This is off-topic to the converstation. I saw that my friend jhebbel has joined this site and is interested in Kunena for his discussion forum. Welcome, my friend.

A word of advice to you: K 5.0 beta is just that: it's beta software. If, as I suspect, you're investigating the viability of replacing Chronoforums as your forum software of choice, it might be advisable to use K 4.0 which is stable (and supported).

Returning to the discussion we are now having, I understand your concerns about using Kunena in your Joomla environment. Without going into specifics, yes, the Crypsis template (even with K 4.0) may not always adapt smoothly to everyone's site template.
01 Jun 2016 22:44
Looks like an issue with the JSN Sky template to me. What do the people at Joomlashine say?
01 Jun 2016 22:39

nemmar wrote: Is it possible to have private topics that only the topic author and moderators can view?

It is theoretically possible to do this in Kunena but the implementation is not easy. Kunena can be used as a question-and-answer purposes (most forums, even the one here at this site, are Q&A) but if you're talking about total one-on-one privacy, that's not the primary purpose of forum software.

It is unlikely that any web-based discussion forum would make an "ideal" job-ticketing system which is what you've asked about.

This question has been asked before— there is a long list of topics about using Kunena as a "help desk" application. Here are some other topics you might like to consider:

It is possible to convert Kunena into a help desk application but it's not easy and there will be costs involved.
01 Jun 2016 22:29
HTTP 404 Not Found errors are typically unrelated to the "database" in Joomla; typically, these kinds of problems are caused by something in the menuing/routing. There must be literally thousands of references in this forum on the subject of how to properly setup your Joomla menu so that it properly references Kunena.

Without knowing anything about your website it's almost impossible to help analyse the specific cause of your problem but, in general terms, for a forum post to "work", in MVC terms, there needs to be a view and for the view to work there needs to be a menu item.
31 May 2016 09:01
There are two things you can do:

1) Use a different Joomla template; or

2) Work through each layout problem by customising the CSS, changing the colours, etc. This will probably take you one or two days if you care proficient with CSS. Alternatively, you could give this job to someone else. Not many people are usually prepared to give up a day or two of their time to work through CSS problems, especially if they're not getting paid for it.

So, option (1) may be the best way to go both in terms of saving your time and saving you money.

The other option is to ask how to fix each problem that you come across here in this forum and wait until someone generously gives their time to give you a detailed solution.
30 May 2016 23:40 - 30 May 2016 23:41
All that you say is true, rich. I think the questioner has simply changed the user's forum rank to "moderator" but has not properly assigned the role using the Kunena User Manager. Perhaps I am mistaken.
30 May 2016 23:39

Mortti wrote: sozzled, just stop [being] like that now please.

??? Like what? What did I say that was offensive or off-topic in your opinion? If you like I won't reply any more to this topic and I will allow you and Jelle to give this user all the help that you can.
30 May 2016 23:35
Then let's remain on-topic. You posted your question in the support category. K 4.0 is the only supported version of Kunena—K 5.0 is still in beta (it is not supported). Let's remain on topic in this category and discuss issues relating to K 4.0. If you want the developer's help with K 4.0, lets talk about that and see if there's anything the developers are prepared to do to give you their support on matters relating to K 4.0. B)
30 May 2016 23:00
Question @chiripas: do sub-menus work in K 4.0 Crypsis now?
30 May 2016 22:58
Administrators, by rights, have access to the backend. You use Joomla to assign a user as an administrator.

What are you trying to do? You wrote that the global moderator was unable to moderate other users' posts. How did you go about assigning the user as a global moderator?
30 May 2016 22:55
I have no idea where your problem lies. My comments were related to the Joomla FPA that you posted—the report itself doesn't seem to contain any useful information in relation to this matter. It might help to see your Kunena configution report (not the FPA) ... :unsure:

Returning to the original problem, you appear to have some kind of PHP issue triggered by mod_fcgid(). I haven't read much on how mod_fcgid affects Kunena, sorry.
30 May 2016 22:45

810 wrote: what is the option on the right. You need select move topic there.

The language is Persian (Farsi); the template is RTL. The destination pull-down is on the left. okhsat is saying that the destination pull-down is disabled.
Displaying 91 - 105 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds