Search Results (Searched for: )

30 May 2016 22:42
I am prepared to help you, yes, but I cannot give any guarantees. I am prepared to look at your site and talk with you (even if your English is not all that good); I have a reasonably good basic understanding of other written languages such as French and Spanish. We may be able to resolve the problem fairly easily.

I generally operate on people giving me a deposit to commence looking into problemsl. This gives people the incentive to work more co-operatively. If the solution requires the investment of dozens of hours then I will give an indicative estimate of the total final cost and issue an invoice as appropriate. However, let me make one thing perfectly clear: this is the Kunena forum—where people can ask questions and hope that someone may help them (at no cost)—this is not a place for people like me to advertise what I do commercially.

Everyone knows what I do and where I operate my business. This is all I have to say at this time.
30 May 2016 22:28 - 30 May 2016 22:30
Replied by sozzled on topic Rsform to Forum post
I've never used RSForm.

I've never attempted to update the Kunena message tables other than using the standard interface (... well, that's not entirely true because I know my way around the database).

I haven't looked into the 120,000+ lines of code in Kunena to see where the standard interface updates the table.

As I wrote earlier, there are (at least) three tables that need to be updated. There may also be others (e.g. updating posts in _kunena_users). In effect, we're trying to mimic the way database update is performed by Kunena.

I'm guessing that you have extraneous entries in your database and you need to get the three tables back into synch. Perhaps, if you delete some of your test data, get the ids synched, you won't run into those failed attempts to enter a new record with the same primary key as another record that already exists (?)
30 May 2016 22:12 - 30 May 2016 22:14

kankaanp wrote: The forum did not let me include a FPA report on the site.

There used to be a guide, appearing at the top of every page on these "support" categories, that explained the procedure of submitting configuration reports . Perhaps the site owners here might consider providing that kind of information again?

kankaanp wrote: Well now, didn't take the attachment either ...

It's never a good idea to post these kinds of things as attachments either.

Aside from the fact that the Joomla FPA report will not render in Kunena — the code is designed to be used at places like forum.joomla.org — the configuration report is generated in the backend and it's simply a matter of cut-and-paste the code into the forum.
30 May 2016 21:55

Burly Nerd wrote: Do you see any major problems with doing this?

Your idea should theoretically work however there is the potential if two sets of SQL transactions hit the database at exactly the same time, that some database updates might be transacted out of sequence and, because MySQL is not an transactional database, there's no roll-back facility. But, theoretically, it should work.

I remember—a few years ago—running a couple of sites that shared the same database and I didn't encounter any errors.
30 May 2016 21:46
Replied by sozzled on topic Rsform to Forum post
You need to trigger at least three queries: one to update the table _kunena_topics, one for the table _kunena_messages and a third for the table _kunena_messages_text.
27 May 2016 22:47
I took closer look at your configuration settings. You've made a few changes to the initial/default values. It's always a little risky to make too many changes because they may come back to bite you later on.

Putting aside the issue of poll options "disappearing" which a different issue and deserves its own subject, the time lag could be explained by caching or session lengths.

Eliminating session lengths, this leaves caching.

The initial (default) value of Configuration » General » Caching Settings » Caching is 1. In your configuration report, you've changed this setting to the value of 60. Why did you need to do that?
27 May 2016 22:35
Hmmm ... well, if there's no additional (to standard core Joomla) SEO stuff and there's nothing extra happening in the "straight-out-of-the-box" .htaccess file, if it's not a database encoding issue and it's not any the other things that the developers have suggested, then it probably comes down to one of the following:

1) Joomla itself (and possibly the version of PHP that's involved);

2) The Joomla menu and whether there are any old menu items lurking around in the menu trash;

3) The hosting platform ... or whichever direction the air happens to be blowing from at the time.

I can't reproduce your problem on any of my sites. The issue doesn't occur here (but that doesn't prove anything because www.kunena.org uses an entirely different version of Joomla to most of the rest of us here). My guess, and it's only a guess, is that this problem is caused by something you've done with your Joomla menu ... and I could be very wrong.
27 May 2016 00:43
Oh well, I tried. :(

Definitely looks to be an issue with the way your pages are being routed. Are you using any additional SEO tools/products/Joomla extensions that we don't know about?
26 May 2016 23:16
As a suggestion only, try this:

26 May 2016 20:12

Black Belt Jones wrote: The issue seems to be ... [a time lag]. For example,] I logged in as a test member and could not see my username. Approximately 12 minutes later my user name was visible. I also noticed it took the same amount of time for any changes to the forum to be made via config. For example if I disabled who is online. It took approx 12 minutes for it to take effect.

Combination of several factors here.

1) Joomla session length, Global Configuration » System » Session Settings. The initial/default value is 15 minutes.

2) Kunena session length, Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings. The initial/default value is 1800 seconds, i.e. 30 minutes. It's usual to change this to match the Joomla session length time.

3) Caching, Global Configuration » System » Cache Setting. Turn caching off if you have a particularly busy forum. If you are using caching, the initial/default value is 15 minutes.

These factors may be involved in why you're seeing things happening "approximately 12 minutes later".
26 May 2016 00:16

810 wrote: which joomla template are you using? And which kunena template

Here , perhaps? :unsure:
25 May 2016 23:16 - 26 May 2016 01:07
You will never believe how I discovered what was preventing the RSS feed links from displaying next to the forum category names on the Index page!

As you will see, if you look at the screenshot in my previous post, the RSS feed icon appears next to the Welcome Mat and Suggestion Box topics. I have spent the last two days tearing apart half-a-dozen websites to try to figure out why it works on a couple of sites where I'm running K 4.0 and why it doesn't work on a couple of others. I knew the solution had to be a simple one—the sites are all configured fairly similarly—but I really did not know where to look.

Let me recap this topic. There were two problems

1) The first problem concerned a "missing" RSS feed button at the bottom of the forum pages using Crypsis. There was no problem: the RSS feed button was there all the time. This was a problem with my site template and it was resolved with some customised CSS styling.

2) The second problem concerned the missing RSS feed buttons next to the category names on the Index view. This issue was not confined to Crypsis; the same situation occurred using Blue Eagle. The issue had nothing to do with CSS; the RSS feed links were simply not being generated in the underlying HTML.

Now, for those of you who are wondering why, when you install K 4.0.10 for the first time, you will not see these RSS feed links. If anyone is interested, the solution appears below in the following screenshot:

Who would have thought of looking there?
25 May 2016 09:25
I don't operate on the basis of fix-first-pay-later, sorry. If you do not want to use my professional servies then I will do my best to make suggestions and hope that something might work for you.

Try re-installing K 4.0.10 on your website. Sometimes, when all else fails, re-installing Kunena might work.
25 May 2016 07:54 - 25 May 2016 07:55
I cannot comment on point 1. I haven't seen that issue.

On point 2, this is a defect in K 4.0 (it started around the time of K 4.0.3) and it seems to affect Blue Eagle templates. My guess is that this particular problem will not be fixed (for Blue Eagle templates). There's more to the story here: long file Names .

The issue does not occur to the same extent if you use Crypsis.

Hope that helps a little.
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.830 seconds