Search Results (Searched for: )

21 May 2016 10:52
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Yes, I do provide a professional consultancy/help advice service at my website. Before we talk dollars or super user access to a website, it might be simpler just to talk things over. I don't know where you live or anything about your site but I could spare you an hour (at no charge) to talk with you on Skype if that's any help to you.
20 May 2016 19:24 - 20 May 2016 19:32

GJSchaller wrote: My main concern is getting more data on the same vertical line, so that there is less scrolling, and less cruft between the body of the messages.

Well, to be fair, that's a criticism (rather than a bug) with the overall design of Crypsis. As you say, in the topic subject, you're only offering a suggestion.

In comparison with Blue Eagle (and many custom/third-party designs based around it), Crypsis generally occupies more screen real-estate. That's not a criticism, that's just stating a fact. Depending on what kind of Joomla/Bootstrap template and viewing device you're using, Crypsis can occupy markedly differing quantities of screen real-estate. I know what it's like to spend a couple of hours refining the line-height, the margin-top/bottom and padding attributes to reduce the physical effort involved in scrolling up/down in order to read through forum topics.

But, again to be fair, the issues you raise now were present from the beginning of K 4.0 Crypsis going back a couple of years.

Perhaps you're right; report-to-moderator feature takes up a bit too much space. It may be a good idea to hide it away—tuck it under the actions button. It's been difficult enough explaining to my own users where to find things like reply, edit, etc.; hiding another feature like report-to-moderator shouldn't be much of a further problem (because most members of my communities don't use it).
20 May 2016 09:05

Kristybernales wrote: Having the same issue ...

I'm sorry, I'm not exactly sure that I understand your problem.

Are you having a problem installing Kunena? Are you having a problem installing Community Builder? Or have you installed both Kunena and Community Builder and you're having a problem with user registration? Or, you've installed everything and you're getting HTTP 500 Internal Server errors?
20 May 2016 00:12
I'll try to give help but sometimes it's a bit difficult to do that using a forum. In cases where people get "404 page not found" errors, it's usually because of a Joomla menu issue or conflict.

Usually, the easiest way to overcome these problems is to delete the old Kunena menu items and start again. I sometimes call this the "trash-burn-rebuild" approach .

Does that help? B)
19 May 2016 21:34
The area (<DIV>) used by the report to moderator link is also shared with the IP address. So, while you say that (in your opinion) the template feels cluttered, you won't be saving any space if an admin or moderator* is viewing the site.

Another suggestion might be
Code:
#kunena a.report { float: right; }

What do you think?

_____
*The ability to see the IP address is controlled with a configuration setting, of course.
18 May 2016 21:44

joomlajay wrote: Anyone else want this?

Although we have had discussions in the past about automatically locking topics for various reasons (such as discussion activity), I'm not entirely sure that I understand your question.

When you wrote that you want to archive old posts, I'm trying to guess what you mean. There is no archival mechanism in Kunena unless you are talking about the process where a forum moderator can move topics from one category into another [locked] category. Certainly, as I wrote a couple of years ago , there is no automated mechanism available in Kunena.

I'm always a little wary of trying to run things "hands-free" or "automatically" (based on the passing of time). While it's OK for some people to never have to get their hands dirty with housekeeping, I think it's also fair to say that occasional human interaction is required in maintaining a forum. So, while I cannot offer any suggestions about how to accomplish this activity automatically—where a procedure runs every day or week, for example, and moves old posts from one category to another—I can offer another alternative. It might be possible (although I haven't worked out the mechanics or the feasibility in my own mind) to develop a module moved topics/post from one category into another category.

The ability to delete old topics is already available in Kunena; it's called Prune Categories.

Although I have not seen your website and I don't know the level of activity it has (or whether there are actually thousands of messages posted over a 60-day period, for example), in the end it's a question of what's the best product that suits your purposes and, of course, how much you're prepared to pay for it: money vs. time. Good luck. :)
18 May 2016 21:10
Replied by sozzled on topic New events for developers

ChaosHead wrote: Sulpher, surprisingly, your topic is quite popular :blink:

That's not a measure of "popularity". That's just a measure of how many times a rogue 'bot (web-agent) has hit the page view.
18 May 2016 00:06
Thanks for your question. I'm not aware of a plugin (or another Joomla extension) that currently exists to show someone—the site administrator, perhaps—a count of the what message attachments in Kunena people may be downloading (for example, PDF or ZIP files or anything else for that matter) or the number of times those attachment files have been downloaded from your website.

There are, however, other file repository tools for Joomla (search the other file repository tools for Joomla for "download control"). Instead of using the "attachments" feature in Kunena, you could upload your "downloadables" to a "file repository" and reference them with links in a forum message. Most of the "file repository" products that I've used allow you find out how many times people have downloaded files from your website.

Another suggestion is to use some analytic tool—e.g Google Analytics—(perhaps you could set up a filter) to see what files are being clicked on. :unsure:

But, in simple terms as far as Kunena (specifically) is concerned, I think the answer to your question is no.
17 May 2016 23:43
Thanks for the reminder about some of these issues, Geoff. Some of the problems you referred to came about in K 4.0.5. While, no doubt, these things will probably affect people who use Community Builder (and also other third-party products like JomSocial) they're unlikely to be an issue if people use the standard Kunena user profile in their forum.

Perhaps, for those reasons, it may be better if this topic was moved to the Community Builder category on this forum? (Of course, that's entirely a matter for the developers/moderators of the forum to make that call.)

As a consequence of what you wrote elsewhere, I have revised my thoughts on the impact of K 4.0 on third-party integration with Kunena.
16 May 2016 22:18
Not a problem. I can talk to you in three hours from now. :)
16 May 2016 21:46
G'day, Diana,

Occasionally the Kunena update process gets itself in a knot. If you're still having problems with the procedure I will see what I can do to guide you through it (as I have helped you in the past) in a little while. Would that be useful?
15 May 2016 12:47
I'm sorry but my website is not available to your country.
14 May 2016 23:37
That's a good question. Again, I would be guessing, but we're basically trying to find where the _kunena_topics table (hits column) is incremented whenever a user views the topic on the forum. So, we're basically trying to locate a line of code that says something like "->hits++;".

Using a tool like Windows Grep , for example, you can search files to locate strings of text. That's what I would be doing.

I am making an educated guess—the Kunena developers can confirm if I'm right—but it looks like the number of hits (i.e. topic views) is incremented in the file ../libraries/kunena/forum/topic/topic.php.

What you would have to do is to insert an if-test to check if the topic was being viewed by someone who is already logged-in and, accordingly, execute the part the increments the counter. Does that help?
14 May 2016 06:15
It depends on a few settings. It also depends on what kind of Kunena template (Blue Eagle/third-party or Crypsis) you are using, too.

It might help to show your configuration report .
14 May 2016 02:13
I don't think it's possible (certainly not with "out of the box" Kunena) and I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest how it could be done, either.

My guess is that you would have to hack the source files to achieve this particular result. Shouldn't be too difficult if you know your way around PHP programming and know which files to modify. Probably a couple of hours for an experienced programmer.
Displaying 136 - 150 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.667 seconds