Search Results (Searched for: )

25 May 2016 00:34
You can include or exclude specific categories with the Kunena Latest module if you want. B)

24 May 2016 20:45
Thank you, you're right. The problem I had wasn't that I need new reading glasses; the problem was that the RSS glyph was invisible in my case. I resolved the missing RSS feed icon at the bottom of the page by adding the extra CSS rule
Code:
#kunena .icon-feed::before { content: "\f143"; font-family: FontAwesome; }

You were right that the RSS glyph and link is "still there on the bottom" (it's there in the protostar template, that's for sure) but it depends on whether the site template correctly loads all the bootstrap-style icons.

Having solved the problem of the missing RSS icon at the bottom of the page, I'm still trying to figure out how to get RSS feeds for individual categories (see screenshot below)

I'm sure it's something super simple. I have RSS feeds working as shown above on one website, but I can't get RSS feeds to work for individual categories on other sites that I manage.

Is this feature controlled by the forum settings or the category settings?
24 May 2016 13:24
G'day, Bob.

I'm just about to call it quits for the day after writing another thousand words or so about my favourite subject (it's the newest article in my blog). Perhaps you might find how I've arranged things at my site might do the job for you. The idea of "you need to login before you can post" is, as best I can remember it, a standard feature of Kunena but it's late in my day and I'm feeling a bit tired. It's a reasonably straightforward question and, if you're fortunate, it's an easy one for the development team to answer

I'm certainly hoping that, overnight, I will receive an answer to another (similarly simple) question I asked half a day ago. Cheers.
24 May 2016 03:40
There are quite a few differences between Crypsis and Blue Eagle (and not just in terms of the layout). There are functional differences, also.

The Kunena Login module is old, outdated (and not very well supported) and not required if you use Crypsis. I don't think there will be further releases of this module.
24 May 2016 00:02
I don't know. I've struggled with this question for the past hour or two. :pinch:

If I use Blue Eagle, the RSS feed icon appears at the foot of the forum. If I use Crypsis or Crypsis B3 there is no RSS feed icon. Is there something simple that I'm overlooking here? :unsure:
23 May 2016 00:34
Replied by sozzled on topic kunena documentation
This is a question for a Joomla expert. I suggest you write to the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ) and tell them:

1) You are using Joomla 3.5 + Apache 2.4 with the standard Joomla .htaccess file (i.e. the renamed htaccess.txt file)

2) You do not have the Apache mod_rewrite() or mod_cache() modules enabled on your server

3) You have enabled both Joomla's Search Engine Friendly URLs and Use URL Rewriting settings.

4) You do not get any HTTP 500 Internal Server errors

Then ask them if it is a Joomla requirement that Apache 2.4 can run with the mod_rewrite() or mod_cache() modules to use the Joomla global configuration settings in the way that you are using them.

Please post a link to your questions at the Joomla forum here so that we may follow the discussion.
22 May 2016 23:14
Replied by sozzled on topic kunena documentation

chiripas wrote: The documentation ( www.kunena.org/docs/en/requirements ) says that Apache mod_cache and mod_rewrite are required to run Kunena.

I don't know how (or if) mod_cache is used in J! 3.5. mod_rewrite is used by Joomla on Apache for rewriting Joomla SEF URLs .

Websites can run J! 3.5 without mod_cache or mod_rewrite unless you decide to use the Joomla-supplied .htaccess file. Although the Kunena documentation says these things are "required ... for the sake of completeness", they are not mandatory requirements unless, as I've said, you need the .htaccess file to enable other features built into Joomla.
22 May 2016 22:52
See my reply to your earlier question . I do not know anything about migrating Vanilla 2.1 to Joomla + Kunena, sorry.
22 May 2016 01:02
That's fantastic news. You don't happen to live in Australia, do you? ;) (You and I could have a couple of beers to celebrate)

In my own situation, all I have to do now is to pass on this information to my friend and hope that he acts accordingly.
22 May 2016 00:47
I think I may have something that will help resolve this. I think you're right that there's "something missing" in your _kunena_users table.

I compared the table structure between K 3.0 and K 4.0 and I've summarised the differences in a document that I'm attaching.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

As you will see, the _kunena_users table in K 4.0 has four additional columns/fields compared to K 3.0. The problem, therefore, is how to add these four additional columns and populate them with meaningful data. I guess one way to achieve that is to write some SQL statements to add the extra columns (make sure you define the data-types correctly) and hope for the best.

I haven't been able to try this with my friend's site—I don't have access to his SQL database—but I would be fascinated to see how you go in fixing the problem.
21 May 2016 23:23
Hmm, I wouldn't have suggested uninstalling (before re-installing)—just run the installer again—but it shouldn't make any difference. Uninstalling Kunena simply removes the files (but leaves the database intact); there is, however, an option to uninstall that also deletes the database tables.

Theoretically, the installer tries to upgrade the Kunena database tables when you're going from an older version to a newer version. One way to trick the installer into thinking that you've got a different version installed, is to drop the table _kunena_configuration (the table should be re-created when you run the installer again). Whether that would help, I don't know.

Although I'm trying to help my friend, I'm kind of doing it by "remote control" (we're exchanging emails and he's a worse at replying to emails than I am :lol: ).

I don't know what would happen if you tried to register a new account and would the problem you mentioned still occur. My guess is that there's an issue within the _kunena_users table itself.
21 May 2016 22:53 - 21 May 2016 22:54
Like you, I am trying to assist a friend of mine who has a Kunena forum that has the same problem. I don't know the answer and I would be very interested to learn from your experience.

One suggestion: have you tried re-installing Kunena on your website and does it cure the problem? (Make a backup before you re-install K 4.0.10 just in case something else breaks.)

In the case of my friend's forum, we see the error message whenever someone tries to edit/save their user profile. Is that what happens in your case, too?
21 May 2016 22:20
Replied by sozzled on topic K5 - ongoing php 7 issues

Twincarb wrote: I wonder how many people have updated ... to an affected version [of PHP 7.0]

I don't know the figure but, according to the Joomla usage statistics , less than 5% of all J! 3.5 users are using PHP 7.

Twincarb wrote: [PHP] 5.6.21 also has the same issue with attachments not showing.

Haven't seen anything written about that before. Could you show me where, in the forum, there's a report about this issue, please?
21 May 2016 22:11
Replied by sozzled on topic Box Colors

kyaggie88 wrote: Alternatively, is there a way to make the text black?

Yes, we've covered this issue (in several dozen different ways) in the past. One example that may help you is "Invisible text" - text font colour is the same as background colour

I hope that helps
21 May 2016 20:48
Displaying 121 - 135 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.771 seconds