Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Merged Migrate / convert IP Board to Kunena

More
11 years 4 months ago #11 by emsonline
I currently use Invision Power Board. Is there a way to migrate to this software?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #12 by sozzled
G'day, emsonline, and welcome to Kunena.

As far as I know there is no direct way to convert from IPB to Kunena without going through the intermediate stage of using converting from IPB to "brand X" and then from "brand X" to Kunena as this topic discusses: How to Convert from IPB 3.1.2 to Kunena 1.6.3 .

There are other alternatives as the article I wrote a couple of years ago discusses: see I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ...

Good luck.

More
10 years 6 months ago #13 by cerberos
Hello, i am searching a way to migrate my IP.Board forum to Kunena. I have only found CMS2CMS but as my current forum is over 8000 posts, its kind of big cost to pay nearly what i have payed in the past for ip.board license. Are there any other ways available? For 40-50 dollars i could accept it, but now its too much

More
10 years 6 months ago #14 by sozzled

More
10 years 6 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #15 by ratmil
I can do the migration if you want.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ratmil.

More
10 years 6 months ago #16 by cerberos

ratmil wrote: For 50 usd I can do the migration if you want.
I have experience developing extensions for Joomla.
See my extensions published at JED:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/ratmil

Sent you an email, through your site contact form.

More
10 years 5 months ago #17 by silberfuchs
Is there any "success story" available at this time?

More
10 years 5 months ago #18 by CMS2CMS

cerberos wrote: Hello, i am searching a way to migrate my IP.Board forum to Kunena. I have only found CMS2CMS but as my current forum is over 8000 posts, its kind of big cost to pay nearly what i have payed in the past for ip.board license. Are there any other ways available? For 40-50 dollars i could accept it, but now its too much

Cerberos, thank you for your question! But we would like to bring some issues to light. Actually, the price of the forum migration depends on the amount of threads/topics but not posts. That is why we suggest you to use our estimator to determine the final cost www.cms2cms.com/pricing . Or we also can offer you to run a free Demo Migration where you will also be able to see the exact price of the IPBoard to Kunena migration ( www.cms2cms.com/supported-cms/ip-board-t...mla-kunena-migration ). If you have have any questions, we will gladly answer them.
Good luck with your migration!

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #19 by bernard92000
I recently made a migration from IPB 3.5.4 to Joomla 3.2 & Kunena 3.0.3.

If you are interested, contact me with the contact form on my site

Bernard
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bernard92000.

More
10 years 2 months ago #20 by silberfuchs

bernard92000 wrote: I recently made a migration from IPB 3.5.4 to Joomla 3.2 & Kunena 3.0.3.

If you are interested, contact me with the contact form on my site

Bernard

Many thanks for your great job migrating my IPB to Kunena! It works fantastic!

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds