Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Migration from WBB 4.1 to Kunena 4

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by rreaper
Hello everyone!

At this moment i grow up a joomla page with the kunena extension.
Before i used a Woltlab WBB 4.1, which i want now to get migrate in kunena.

Can anyone help to do it? Of course i am ready to pay for this work!

Greetings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
I would like to make the following points:

1) I am not making myself available for this work.

2) Until I searched the internet, I had never heard of Woltlab Burning Board and I do not know if there are any published technical details about how the product is structured.

3) It may be possible to migrate an old forum from WBB 4.1 to K 4.0 but perhaps not directly. It may be necessary, for instance, to migrate from WBB 4.1 -> "something else" first and then migrate from that "something else" to K 4.0. The first question you need to ask is if there are any importers from WBB 4.1 -> "something else" and then consider if there are importers from "something else" -> Kunena. I do not know the answers to those questions.

4) It may be possible to migrate an old forum from WBB to Kunena but is it worth it? To help you arrive at this decision, I recommend that you read my article I want to migrate my forum to Kunena … .

5) I do not know what the likely cost will be if someone does this work for you. Some people charge a flat fee (usually about $250) and others work on a time-and-materials basis of about $50 per hour. The cost involved could be a few hundred dollars to obtain someone's help, how much research they have to do and the time they may need to spend on your project. Again, I don't know the answer here and it's entirely a matter for you to decide if the cost is worth the investment.

I hope some of this information helps you make your final decision ... and ... good luck! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds