Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Problem with very old Joomla and very old forum component

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by stula
Hello!

I have a client with very old Joomla website (Joomla 1.0.12) and Fireboard forum componet (version 1.0.3 Stable) installed.

I need to upgrade it to latest stable release of Joomla. I know that this is not a trivial task so I'm doing it bit by bit.

Currently I finished updating and migrating core data (news, sections, categories, images, users, etc.) to Joomla 1.5 and now I'm stuck with forum. Can you help me out with this? What are the steps to follow, where can I download necessary files etc. I know that both Joomla and FireBoard component are so obsolete by now but my client doesn't want to loose any of Forum data.

Hope you can help!

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

stula wrote: I need to upgrade it to latest stable release of Joomla. I know that this is not a trivial task so I'm doing it bit by bit.

It's not trivial but it's reasonably straightforward if you spend a couple of days on it.

There are several discussion topics in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category that can give you some ideas of the general procedure.

Obviously your client is the only person who can decide whether it's worthwhile keeping old forum data but you may suggest that he reads I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ... . If someone is really eager to keep data that dates back many years, they need to realise that there are costs involved. As long as they're aware of those costs, and they're prepared to pay them, then most things are possible ... but they do take time.

The next place that I would suggest you start is to read: How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another .

Upgrading from Fireboard to Kunena is also reasonably straighforward but the best place to start is to upgrade to FB 1.05RC2 first (see Migration from FireBoard ).
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds