Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Idea phpBB 3 to Kunena 3 Migration Script

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by binod
We have migrated our forum from phpBB to Kunena and would like to share the migration script with the Joomla community:

mixerp.org/erp/14-open-source-projects/1...igration-script.html

Edit : March 7, 2015

This topic has become too big to read. I am now offering assistance in my own forum instead of here:

mixerp.org/forum

Happy migration folks.

Please follow my open source projects MixERP Project and phpBB to Kunena Migration Script on Github.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by binod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lazaruso, Tiago

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #2 by Dirk
I tested the script and finally it worked for me,
so: Thanks for sharing it with us

I ran into some major issues with your script:
(describing it here for others to be warned)
(tested with phpBB 3.0.11 ==> Kunena 3.0.6)

1.)
category names with "/" or german umlauts in it,
will be converted to invalid* category-aliases in joomla/kunena
*(not working with SEF/SEO and so on ...)

2.)
in phpBB you can have category and its subcategory with the same name.
The script then tries to generate the same category-alias in joomla/kunena twice and stops with errors.

3.)
If you have guest-posts in phpBB, then it would be better to convert the user-ID into a '0' within all the kunena-tables that contains the 'user-id'.
(it is not needed to import the "guest" (user-id=0) into the joomla usertable nor into the kunena-usertable at all ...)

4.)
all the attachments-filenames* of phpBB (without extension) are converted into filenames with a *.jpg -extension,
no matter if they are of another mime-type (e.g. *.png) ..
*(regarding the table "kunena_attachments" / column "filenames")

5.)
several bbcodes are not converted properly.
for example:
Code:
[list] [*]item[/*] [*]item2[/*] [/list]
should be converted into
Code:
[ul] [li]item[/li] [li]item2[/li] [/ul]

6.)
phpBB sometimes uses some kind of "hashes" behind the bbcodes,
I don't know why and what it is, but when you look into the database of the phpbb you can see for example:
Code:
[b:zts8ceo1]bold text[/b:zts8ceo1] [color=#FF0000:zts8ceo1]colored text[/color:zts8ceo1] [url=http://test-url.com:zts8ceo1]test-url[/url:zts8ceo1]
and so on ...
The script doesn't handle this issue correctly.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Dirk.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by binod
Hello Dirk,

Thank you for trying this out. This script worked in our case but not for you properly because we had a limited scope to test onto. Moreover, I am glad that this could of some assistance to you. :)

1. Right.
  2. Right, but can be fixed easily.
  3. Right since we did not have guest posts enabled in our phpBB forum.
  4. Right because phpBB does not say which extension an attachment has.
  5. Right, can be fixed.
  6. Right and wrong.

If you inspect the script properly, you will find something like this:
Code:
UPDATE joomla_database_name.jos_kunena_messages_text SET message = phpbb_database_name.fix_tag(message, 'b') WHERE message LIKE '%[b%';

As of now, for this to work, you have to manually:
  • Add any new tags you find
  • Re-run the query several times
  • Test and re-run

This script worked superfine on our "limited scenario", but there certainly are some issues. Still, I think there are more opportunities than the issues.

I would therefore request the community to improve quality the script by contributing to it.

Cheers!

Please follow my open source projects MixERP Project and phpBB to Kunena Migration Script on Github.

More
9 years 4 months ago #4 by lucifaro666
Hello from me this error:
Code:
Errore Query SQL: DELIMITER; DELETE FROM db_name.jos_kunena_messages_text; Messaggio di MySQL: Documentazione #1142 - DELETE command denied to user 'user_forum'@'localhost' for table 'jos_kunena_messages_text'

More
9 years 4 months ago #5 by binod
Your MySQL user does not have sufficient privilege to perform deletes. Sorry, I cannot help.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #6 by Lazaruso
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Lazaruso.

More
9 years 4 months ago #7 by binod
I will be more than happy to merge pull requests if someone comes with some revisions and improvements. That's the reason why this script is open source on the first place.

I believe the migration script would do pretty well, had it had more test cases and enhancements. Need more contributors on this. ;)

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #8 by Mangaku
Get an issue with this:

Code:
Erreur requête SQL: Documentation INSERT INTO TESTJOOMLA.testjoom_users( id, name, username, email, PASSWORD , block, sendEmail, registerDate, lastVisitDate, activation, requireReset, params ) SELECT user_id AS id, username AS name, username, user_email AS email, user_password AS PASSWORD , /*lets not store blank passwords.*/0 AS block, 0 AS sendEmail, FROM_UNIXTIME( user_regdate ) AS registerDate, FROM_UNIXTIME( user_lastvisit ) AS lastVisitDate, 1 AS activation, 0 AS requireReset, /*The phpBB password cannot be converted to joomla password.*/ '' AS params FROM CopieForumSG.phpbb_users WHERE user_posts >0; MySQL a répondu: Documentation #1054 - Unknown column 'requireReset' in 'field list'

Any idea ?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Mangaku.

More
9 years 4 months ago #9 by binod
Are you using Kunena 3?

Since this script was used to migrate phpBB 3 forum to Kunena 3 (Joomla! 3.x), I'm afraid your environment could be different.

Meanwhile, you could remove the column "requireReset" from the insert list and check to see if there are any further errors.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #10 by Mangaku
I'm on a PhPBB3, and want to migrate to K3.06.

To be sure:
phpbb_database_name = the database name from my "old" PhPBB board.
joomla_database_name = my new joomla database name
jos_ = the prefixe in my news joomla database name

Btw, i try with leaving "RequireReset"
Code:
requête SQL: Documentation INSERT INTO TESTJOOMLA.testjoom_users( id, name, username, email, PASSWORD , block, sendEmail, registerDate, lastVisitDate, activation, params ) SELECT user_id AS id, username AS name, username, user_email AS email, user_password AS PASSWORD , /*lets not store blank passwords.*/0 AS block, 0 AS sendEmail, FROM_UNIXTIME( user_regdate ) AS registerDate, FROM_UNIXTIME( user_lastvisit ) AS lastVisitDate, 1 AS activation, '' AS params FROM CopieForumSG.phpbb_users WHERE user_posts >0; MySQL a répondu: Documentation #1062 - Duplicate entry '196' for key 'PRIMARY'
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Mangaku.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds