Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Migrating from Phpbb: Can I keep my old topic IDs?

More
9 years 7 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
I have migrated from phpbb (latest version) to Kunena.

My developer used Kunena 1.7.2 and Kunena importer 1.7. Then we upgraded to latest Kunena version (3.0.6).

About the short URLs we used JoomSef:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/sef/1063

What I want is that only the old phpbb3 topic IDs should be the same because if they are then the URL will open correctly. For exampleQ
www.google.gr/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=pnn8U46bEYve....gr+forum+watch+dogs

This shows: GameWorld.gr - Watch Dogs (old phpbb3 URL)
www.gameworld.gr/forum/85/11573

And this is the URL on the test server
www.superretroid.gr/forum/74/85/108740/page-1

If the topic ID was correct (11573 as it used to be) then even if I was putting " www.gameworld.gr/forum/85/11573 " the URL would open correctly. What matters is the topic ID as every forum ignores the subforum IDs !

My developer said that topic URLs can't be the same "Due to the table structure of both Forums. Phpbb forum has around 71 table structure and Kunena has only 22 table structure.

Phpbb used two table one for topics and one 1 for post but Kunena used only one table for the both. So when we migrate the data in Kunena from Phpbb then its automatically creates its id and it can’t be same if data is importing in one table from two table."

So is he right or not? Can I transfer all the old topic IDs and keep the same IDs in Kunena?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds