Kunena 5.1.5 Released - Security Release (14 Oct 2018)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.5 [K 5.1.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.8.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a Security release.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved EasyDiscuss to Kunena

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #11 by juhak
Replied by juhak on topic EasyDiscuss to Kunena
I managed to make the migration, thank you very much!!

But -- there are some posts that are not being visible.

I think that the problem was/is that they were directly under a category and when migrated some categories were migrated to sections. I can see the posts and topics in database, but not in forum.

I tried to make new section and then put the category as a child to it. I tried also movint the catogery under another category. Still the posts does not appear in the category.

Any ideas or scripts I Still need to run?

BR,
Juha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #12 by xreliable
Replied by xreliable on topic EasyDiscuss to Kunena
will this work for easydiscuss 4 -> Kunena 5 ?

More
8 months 2 days ago - 8 months 2 days ago #13 by xreliable
Replied by xreliable on topic EasyDiscuss to Kunena
I was able to complete a migration on a test of a fresh install of Kunena 5.0.13 and fresh install of EasyDiscuss 4.0.22 with some extra categories and posts that I manually entered.

The only two problems that I encountered were:
1) the sql that dyvel provided in post #10 of this thread, returned errors for me when I tried to execute it. It didn't seem necessary anyway but I'd be happy to be shown where I'm mistaken.

2) the categories in EasyDiscuss have to be within a container category before you start the migration. If they are not, categories, threads/replies do not display properly but once I went back and started over (including truncating the kunena tables) but first moving all of the categories in EasyDiscuss, including "Uncategorized" into a Container category, then the import went through and all of my sample categories, posts and replies display properly in Kunena.
Last edit: 8 months 2 days ago by xreliable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds