Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved EasyDiscuss to Kunena

More
6 years 3 months ago #11 by juhak
Replied by juhak on topic EasyDiscuss to Kunena
I managed to make the migration, thank you very much!!

But -- there are some posts that are not being visible.

I think that the problem was/is that they were directly under a category and when migrated some categories were migrated to sections. I can see the posts and topics in database, but not in forum.

I tried to make new section and then put the category as a child to it. I tried also movint the catogery under another category. Still the posts does not appear in the category.

Any ideas or scripts I Still need to run?

BR,
Juha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #12 by xreliable
Replied by xreliable on topic EasyDiscuss to Kunena
will this work for easydiscuss 4 -> Kunena 5 ?

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #13 by xreliable
Replied by xreliable on topic EasyDiscuss to Kunena
I was able to complete a migration on a test of a fresh install of Kunena 5.0.13 and fresh install of EasyDiscuss 4.0.22 with some extra categories and posts that I manually entered.

The only two problems that I encountered were:
1) the sql that dyvel provided in post #10 of this thread, returned errors for me when I tried to execute it. It didn't seem necessary anyway but I'd be happy to be shown where I'm mistaken.

2) the categories in EasyDiscuss have to be within a container category before you start the migration. If they are not, categories, threads/replies do not display properly but once I went back and started over (including truncating the kunena tables) but first moving all of the categories in EasyDiscuss, including "Uncategorized" into a Container category, then the import went through and all of my sample categories, posts and replies display properly in Kunena.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by xreliable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
3 years 4 months ago #14 by freeme
Replied by freeme on topic EasyDiscuss to Kunena
Hi!

Is there anyone, who recently has made a migration from latest EasyDiscuss to Kunena?
I would like to do the same, but it seems it is now an easy job to do, as I have no idea about MySQL.

Thanks.

More
1 year 11 months ago #15 by freeme
Replied by freeme on topic EasyDiscuss to Kunena
Would be interested in getting to know this too, as I would like to migrate from EasyDiscuss to Kunena.
Any idea, if that years old method described here still works in March 2022?

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds