Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Latest Module 3.0.1 not showing latest posts

More
10 years 3 months ago #11 by rich
I had seen now this topic. You have only wrong settings for this module.

Basic Options:
All/None: All/None
Category Filter: Hide Categories
Module Output: Latest Topics
Time Period: Since Last Visit

Change the category filter to "Show categories" and it should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12 by huuanito

sozzled wrote: I need to revise a few things. When I looked at your website the Kunena Latest module is displayed on the home page (without having to login first). You wrote:

I'm viewing the latest module when logged in, in fact that's the only time you see the output of this module.

That's not entirely true, is it? The module appears (although it outputs "No posts to display") even if you are not logged-in!

The second problem is that, when we visit your forum, we see the message "There are no published categories in ." I replied to a similar question on this subject yesterday: Problems after migration from J! 1.5 .

My bad. Did not mean to lead you astray. I took over this site from another (as one does) and I was using my poor memory of how things work. On the previous J1.6.5/k1.7 site running on my test server it shows no posts when not logged in and then shows the most recent posts after you login. I was trying to reproduce that same behavior. Well... actually I was hoping that after the upgrade the behavior would be the same.

For the second problem, I believe that was by design (also not my design), that you have to be logged in to see the forum.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled

huuanito wrote: ... before I disable those two 'not installed' plugins I should point out that they are actually installed.

The Kunena integration plugins may be installed - I did not say you should uninistall them, only disable them - but JomSocial and AlphaUserPoints components are not installed, are they? Pleass read the article Forum integration with other Joomla extensions

rich is on-the-ball, as always, and you should follow his advice! B)

You need to fix up your category permissions.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago #14 by huuanito
:)
I read all those related posts but overlooked that trial.
Indeed: after changing that it now shows the posts when logged in.

The CSS is all jacked up but that will be the browser/template.

Funny that on the previous version the posts showed with that set to hide categories.

Thanks to you all for your very detailed help.

Now onto a different thread about why the Kunena menus don't show in the default view. I have read all the related posts on this too but after this I had better read them all again.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #15 by sozzled

huuanito wrote: For the second problem, I believe that was by design (also not my design), that you have to be logged in to see the forum.

Well, this complicates the question relating to "Kunena Latest Module 3.0.1 not showing latest posts" by an order of magnitude, doesn't it? The way that people design who gets to see what whether they are logged-in to the site or not affects the kind of output that people will see (or not see) with the Kunena Latest module.

Perhaps it's time to pause for a while, stop and consider who benefits from your forum. If you want to quarantine your forum so that only logged-in members have access to it, there are many simple ways you can achieve those things. If you want to use the Kunena Latest module as a kind of advertising medium for your home page, then you can do that, too. But you control who gets to use your site with how you choose to apply Joomla's ACLs and Kunena (and the Kunena Latest module, obviously) will honour those choices you make.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #16 by huuanito

sozzled wrote:

huuanito wrote: For the second problem, I believe that was by design (also not my design), that you have to be logged in to see the forum.

Well, this complicates the question relating to "Kunena Latest Module 3.0.1 not showing latest posts" by an order of magnitude, doesn't it? The way that people design who gets to see what whether they are logged-in to the site or not affects the kind of output that people will see (or not see) with the Kunena Latest module.

Perhaps it's time to pause for a while, stop and consider who benefits from your forum. If you want to quarantine your forum so that only logged-in members have access to it, there are many simple ways you can achieve those things. If you want to use the Kunena Latest module as a kind of advertising medium for your home page, then you can do that, too. But you control who gets to use your site with how you choose to apply Joomla's ACLs and Kunena (and the Kunena Latest module, obviously) will honour those choices you make.

Thanks. It works like it did before now except for the menus not showing in the default logged in view. I will pass on your suggestions to the folks who make those decisions and they will tell me how they want things. Your assistance and that of your fellow moderators/developers has been great. You all went the extra mile. Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by huuanito. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds