Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

Question Ability to open a single post (or that a referenced will be at the top) by a link

More
4 years 9 months ago #11 by ssh
I think this is more like a bug, than a feature request

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #12 by sozzled

I think this is more like a bug, than a feature request

Can you show me the URL of a forum—any forum (does not have to be Kunena)—where the URL opens a single message (not a page of messages)? Kunena has never had this feature. I do not understand why you would say this is a bug. Sorry.

More
4 years 9 months ago #13 by ssh

I do not understand why you would say this is a bug. Sorry.

This is why:

It seems you have message ordering Newest Post First. I've tested it and you're right. If the post is shifted to the next page, then this link doesn't work anymore:

Can you show me the URL of a forum—any forum (does not have to be Kunena)—where the URL opens a single message (not a page of messages)?

My forum.
Of course, the code has been modified in order to show only 1 message per page.

Kunena has never had this feature.

I Agree

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #14 by rich

Can you show me the URL of a forum—any forum (does not have to be Kunena)—where the URL opens a single message (not a page of messages)?

I think this is a misunderstanding. ArnoBrinkman wants not to open any single message.
Example:
Here is a link to msg 10. ( limitstart=0#176906 )
This link remain always the same. But not if you have changed the message ordering.
When new posts will be written, and msg10 goes to the next page then changes the link to the same message from "limitstart=0#176906" to "start=10#176906" and so on. Therefore the internal linking does not work.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by rich.

More
4 years 9 months ago #15 by ArnoBrinkman
Exactly and i think i will make a solution where this link will show up as link:

www.domain.nl/index.php/forum/category/topic?startmessage=717

and when called will turn with an easy calculation (just count(*) where > messageid) to this url:

www.domain.nl/index.php/forum/category/topic?start=calcnumber

Now the message will become the first one at the page, something i prefer anyway.
Also with this the first url will be working always and i don't have to change to much.

TradingTalk

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds