Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Content - Kunena Discuss

More
1 year 6 months ago #1 by Christophg
Hello ...
I have installed the Kunena Discuss plugin. When a user is not logged in, the "Login to Comment" control is visible. When the user logs in, the comments plugin does not appear. I have created the "path" configuration in the plugin, and the plugin is enabled. When I first installed the plug in, all was working fine: the first 2 articles appeared in the appropriate Kunena categories and comments were able to be made at the front end. The 3rd article does not show the comments area, both as a logged in administrator or user. No settings were changed in Kunena permissions, that I am aware of. I have made an attachment below.

Also, i could not find the process of how to collect and add the Joomla and server environment configuration, so that the environment data is available for review. Please advise and help. Thank you ... Christoph 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #2 by Christophg
Replied by Christophg on topic Content - Kunena Discuss
My apologies: I am using Joomla 4.2.1 and Kunena 6.0.1.1

More
1 year 6 months ago #3 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Content - Kunena Discuss
maybe there is something missing from number 15 in Category Mapping
and why does Allowed Content Categories have a 0
Otherwise try to enter the desired joomla categories there
and if that doesn't help then do another test with the Category Mapping empty and allowed Content Categories with the desired.

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
1 year 6 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Content - Kunena Discuss
With your configuration, for all Joomla articles that are not entered in the category mapping field, a discussion is opened in the Kunena category 34.
If you want discussions for articles in Joomla category 15, you must remove the ID 15 from the mapping field.
docs.kunena.org/en/plugins/kunena-discuss-plugin

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #5 by Christophg
Hello All ...
Thanks you very much for responding. I changed the plug-in settings: I removed category 15 from the mapping; I removed the "0" from allowed (although documentation defines it as allowing ALL articles. With those two changes all seems to be functioning properly again.
1. The "Log in to comment" appears on all articles ...
2. I created a new article as admin from the back-end and it appears in the default forum heading ID-15.
3. All Website menus function normally and navigate correctly.

However, when i log into the website as a Registered or Administrator from the front-end, Navigation is broken when attempting to go to the articles: either from the website menu or any link taking me to an article. A 404 error occurs with "Database not set in Joomla\CMS\Form\FormFactory
These link issues occur only when logged in from the front-end as a User, Registered or Admin.
Any ideas? Attachments enclosed.

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Christophg. Reason: Double entry of attachments

More
1 year 6 months ago #6 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Content - Kunena Discuss
I had that myself for a while and then it turned out that it was due to the seo settings
if I disable the Search Engine Friendly URLs it works.
later I turned the Search Engine Friendly URLs back on
and this problem was suddenly gone

L.v.d.A

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #7 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Content - Kunena Discuss
Hello,

The issue (Database not set in Joomla\CMS\Form\FormFactory) has been already fixed in developpement version of the plugin : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/commit/5...64728b6b7157f283437e

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by xillibit.

More
1 year 6 months ago #8 by Christophg
Thank you for your reply, Installed is the Version plg_content_kunenadiscuss_v6.0.0-BETA2_2022-06-16. After disabling the plugin, all navigation is back to normal with no "Database not set in Joomla\CMS\Form\FormFactory" errors. This is unfortunate, because it is a great feature which integrates between Kunena, Joomla Articles and EasySocial. I suspect I will have to investigate other commenting solutions. Perhaps the next Beta will resolve this?

Thanks again, everyone ... !

More
1 year 6 months ago #9 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Content - Kunena Discuss

Perhaps the next Beta will resolve this?

Hi, as Xillibit said, this is already fixed. He provided a link to the solution: you can apply this yourself or wait for the next beta version that has this fix implemented. No need to look for another commenting solution as there is no other that integrates into Kunena :)

sharing = caring

More
1 year 6 months ago #10 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Content - Kunena Discuss
Hello,

Like stated in announcement here, we have released yerstayday the RC1 of plugin discuss, if you isntall it you will have the fix : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/releases...0-RC1_2022-09-07.zip

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds