Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Discuss Error: Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #1 by Sokrates
The Kunena Discuss is displayed before Read More in the Article Newsflash Module and "Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item: Call to a member function getIcon() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information." The error occur when the Article Newsflash Module is shown on a page that does not have any articles to be commented. The error do not occur when the Article Newsflash Module is shown on on a page where a single article is shown in stead of the blog view. It doesn't matter if I add the category of the page and a Kunena Discuss category and link them for the category.

I've tested to show the Article Newsflash Module on another menu page showing a single article and the error appears there too, so it seems that this error only appear when displaying the Article Newsflash Module on a page where a single article is show.

Kunena Discuss debug:

[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Parent category ID is: 9 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Allow: Category 73 is in the category map using Kunena category 46 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are viewing an article. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 159 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Custom Topics disabled ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Loading Stored Topic 12 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Close time by last post ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Displaying form ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showTopic: Rendering discussion ]

I'm running: Joomla 3.9.19, Protostar template, Kunena 5.1.16, Kunena Discuss 5.1.2

Any idea why this error occur and how to solve it?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Sokrates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by rich

Please enable debug mode for more information.

I think you should enable the Kunena debug and also additionally also Joomla debug. Set the error report to maximum for Joomla debug (Global Configuration -> tab Server). Maybe you get more precise error message.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #3 by Sokrates
I must have forgotten about this issue I already had 9 months ago. I found my old post when searching for a solution when I saw this issue again.

Error message without activating debug:
Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item: Call to a member function getIcon() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Joomla Debug:
Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item: Property "topic" is not defined in /mywebsite.com/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/topic/item/default.php on line 15
Layout was rendered in /mywebsite.com/libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 168

Kunena Discuss debug:
[KunenaDiscuss debug: Constructor called in com_content ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: createTable: Check if plugin table exists. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Parent category ID is: 11 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Allow: Category 70 is in the category map using Kunena category 38 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are viewing an article. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 328 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Custom Topics disabled ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Loading Stored Topic 49 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Close time by last post ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Displaying form ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showTopic: Rendering discussion ][KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 328 ]

Joomla: 3.9.25
Kunena: 5.2.3 (2021-03-07)
Kunena Discuss: 5.2.1 (2021-03-08)
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Sokrates.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #4 by Sokrates

Joomla Debug:
Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item: Property "topic" is not defined in /mywebsite.com/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/topic/item/default.php on line 15
Layout was rendered in /mywebsite.com/libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 168

Line 15 (default.php): $topic = $this->topic;

Line 168 (base.php): include $path;

It looks like the $topic array does not get filed with values.

This is the configuration:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 512M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.3 | creationdate: 2021-03-07

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.3 | 2021-03-07 [ Jason ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.2.1

Modules: None

More
2 years 11 months ago #5 by Sokrates

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #6 by Sokrates
Please could anyone confirm if Kunena Discuss plugin is working and includes the comments being made in its article. If it works on some websites, then it would be good to know its configuration, so it can be compared with mine where it does not work.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

For me the description of your issue in your first message is unclear, so to see the issue can-you please give the url of one page of your site where the issue happens ?

You can use [confidential*][/confidential*] tags to show only for moderators

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by xillibit.

More
2 years 11 months ago #8 by Sokrates

For me the description of your issue in your first message is unclear, so to see the issue can-you please give the url of one page of your site where the issue happens ?

The site is set up to only show the comments of the articles for Registered users when they're signed in, as well as it's only registered users that can make comments. Please register to be able to see this issue I'm having with the Kunena Discuss where only the comment "box" is show and an error message is show ("Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item: Call to a member function getIcon() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.") where the comments being made are supposed to be shown.

Here is a link to an article containing comments where this issue is visible when one is signed in:
terrazas-del-rodeo.com/en/news/health/th...face-masks-even-more

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #9 by xillibit
Can-you give me please a test account only on the frontend of your site, you can use [confidential*][/confidential*] tags to show only the data for moderators without the *

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #10 by Sokrates

Can-you give me please a test account only on the frontedn of your site, you can use [confidential*][/confidential*] tags to show only the data for moderators

Done :)

Time to create page: 0.825 seconds