Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question A Kunena Discuss workshop: How to allow my users to comment on my Joomla articles in my forum

More
10 years 2 months ago #21 by sozzled
"Recent Topics" is not a category. Go to Components » Kunena » Category Manager and post a screenshot of that page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #22 by Uncle Sam
Attachments:

More
10 years 2 months ago #23 by sozzled
Great work! :woohoo:

I have changed the subject of this topic and made it "sticky" because it may help other people who are in a similar situation to you.

You have two Kunena categories . They are "Welcome Mat" and "Suggestions Box" (their corresponding IDs are 2 and 3 respectively).

The next thing to do is to change the setting in the Kunena Discuss plugin as follows:

Kunena Discuss » Default Forum Category = 2

This means that, when people post comments about any Joomla articles you write, their comments will create new topics in your "Welcome Mat" category. You can create a different category later if you want to keep comments separate from the rest of your forum's activities.

Let's try that change to see what happens next, OK?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #24 by Uncle Sam
:cheer: :angry: :evil: BRB~trying now.Gott it! Now, Where did you find those numbers 2 and 3?

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Uncle Sam.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #25 by sozzled
I looked at your site and things are looking pretty darned good now.

The only other problem is that you have locked your "Welcome Mat" category and no-one (except for site administrators and forum moderators) can post comments using the Kunena Discuss plugin. So, if you want other people to be able to post their comments, you will need to unlock the forum category (in your case "Welcome Mat").
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Sam

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #26 by Uncle Sam
Wow, what I am surprised about is why no one seems to realize the issue!and thankyou very much for your patience and I am sure I will be back here, soon! You are the best!
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Uncle Sam.

More
10 years 2 months ago #27 by sozzled

Uncle Sam wrote: Where did you find those numbers 2 and 3?

On the right hand side of the screen; see the column "ID"?

More
10 years 2 months ago #28 by Uncle Sam

More
10 years 2 months ago #29 by sozzled

Uncle Sam wrote: Wow, what I am surprised about is why no one seems to realize the issue!

It all depends on how people approach the subject.

(1) There is no such thing as a "stupid" question. People ask questions to learn and, in answering those questions we all learn from them. There are no stupid questions but there are plenty of dopey answers! :laugh:

(2) Everyone's experience is different. I don't know why no-one else thought to workshop an example of this before (and, it must be said, not everyone's patience or "endurance" in working these things through step by step is the same, either). Sometimes topics like this can go on for weeks and weeks because people have not the desire to participate as energetically as we have done today and, for that, I am very grateful to you. I'm not trying to second-guess wny no-one else has "realised" the issue (as you put it) but perhaps people found the "quick and dirty" guide was sufficient? Who knows.

Now that we've dealt with this matter, you have learnt a few things about how to use Joomla and where you can find where Joomla "things" are managed. Heck, we should have made a movie about this workshop, eh? ;)

Good luck and, if you have more questions about how to use Kuenna Discuss, we're here to help as best we can.

Cheers!

More
10 years 2 months ago #30 by Uncle Sam
Lol, I'd never added a category that way before! Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds