Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Kunena Discuss 3.0.1: Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in ../administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line 617

More
10 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
This topic started 3 montha ago with the subject "Kunena Discuss plugin breaks Rockettheme template?"

The original question related to an error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in ../administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line 637

There was a suggestion that this error message related to something to do with a template from Rockettheme. We have found no evidence to support that theory.

During this time only two people have reported problems and, it appears, these problems are not directly related to any particular templates from Rockettheme. It therefore seems reasonable to conclude that the subject - Kunena Discuss plugin breaks Rockettheme template? - is in error.

The updated information from Shimei (posted a few moments ago) is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in ../administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line 630

The line number is different.

We do not know if this is a similar error experienced by N6REJ. N6REJ has not given us the text of any error message from his website.

I have not seen the error message "Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in ../administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line xxx" before. I do not know how to reproduce the circumstances that might generate such an error message. I do not know if this error message is caused by the Kunena Discuss plugin or if this error is generated by something else.

It is unfortunate that the Kunena developers have not been able to investigate this particular problem - one that seems to affect only two people although it does seem, from the topic groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomlabugsquad/yXWcPW718Ro that this error relates in some way to JomSocial. In that topic I did not see any reference to Kunena Discuss. In that topic there is also a counter-claim by JomSocial that this error is not caused by JomSocial software, either. It is unfortunate that this seems to be a case of people pointing the finger at everyone and no-one taking the initiative to determine what, indeed, is the specific cause of this issue.

Again, in conclusion, I can only say that I do not know:

(a) is this a problem with Kunena Discuss; or
(b) is this a problem with JomSocial; or
(c) is this a problem with Joomla.

One thing is certain. In msg #1 - posted here 3 months ago - the Shimei refers to J! 3.1.5 (which is now out of date and not supported); more recently, N6REJ refers to J! 3.2.1 (but does not refer specifically to the error message reported by Shimei and, so, I don't know if we're discussing the same thing). If there is something in common between the Shimei's problems and N6REJ's problems, I wish I could figure it out. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #12 by sozzled
I do not think there is any point discussing this problem under the subject heading 'Kunena Discuss plugin breaks Rockettheme template?". I think it would be better if we created a new topic with a subject "Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in ../administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line 637" and discuss that subject in the Fatal Errors category. What do you think?

More
10 years 2 months ago #13 by Shimei
I agree Sozzled. My initial title was ended as a question. Hoping that others with the same problem could shine some light upon the error. I'm currently using 3.2x Joomla!. And I use Jomsocial, however, I have no idea why Jomsocial would be an issue, but again, I have nothing to support Kunena is to blame, I'm only turning to them for guidance as the developer of said plugin. The issue really isn't a big deal for me at my website because I do not use the front end editor much, only found it when attempting to, and noticed that it remained an issue throughout the time I have been using it.

You may close this thread, I'm pretty satisfied now that it is merely coincidinky regarding Rockettheme and Kunena. Unless that is, it is still a template conflict, I haven't tried the default template to see if the error persists.

Thank you, and have a wonderful evening.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #14 by N6REJ

sozzled wrote: I do not think there is any point discussing this problem under the subject heading 'Kunena Discuss plugin breaks Rockettheme template?". I think it would be better if we created a new topic with a subject "Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in ../administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line 637" and discuss that subject in the Fatal Errors category. What do you think?

Lets go ahead and make a more accurate thread but lets not let this work die either... I'll revisit this in the morning when I'm awake and see if I can shed some more directed light on the subject.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by N6REJ.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #15 by xillibit
I have investigated on this issue this morning on J!3.2.2 with Jomsocial 3.0.5.3, kunenadiscuss 3.0.1 and i found have that plugin kunenadiscuss is causing the issue that you encounter.

So, i have modified kunenadiscuss files, to fix the issue try that on a site and tell me if it works for you, files to replace :

\plugins\content\kunenadiscuss\kunenadiscuss.php and \plugins\content\kunenadiscuss\tmpl\form.php

This is a temporary patch, the fix ins't done in a good way

File Attachment:

File Name: patch.zip
File Size:8 KB

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by xillibit.

More
10 years 2 months ago #16 by gray

N6REJ wrote: nothing personal gray but I don't know you well enough to give you access to my info.
its kinda depressing that 3 months have gone by and this is still not resolved. I understand it only happens with Jomsocial AND Kunena combination but still...........

Ok, it's understandable that you don't want to provide access to you site for testing. So, I tried the following:
- clean Joomla 3.2.2
- clean Kunena 3.0.4
- Discuss plugin - 3.0.1 (not the one I updated on GitHub github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/pull/159 )
- clean JomSocial 3.0.4

Tried to edit articles from back and front-end, no issues arose.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 12M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.0.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: None

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!

More
10 years 2 months ago #17 by Shimei

xillibit wrote: I have investigated on this issue this morning on J!3.2.2 with Jomsocial 3.0.5.3, kunenadiscuss 3.0.1 and i found have that plugin kunenadiscuss is causing the issue that you encounter.

So, i have modified kunenadiscuss files, to fix the issue try that on a site and tell me if it works for you, files to replace :

\plugins\content\kunenadiscuss\kunenadiscuss.php and \plugins\content\kunenadiscuss\tmpl\form.php

File Attachment:

File Name: patch.zip
File Size:8 KB

This patch fixed the error on my site. Thank you xillibit!!!

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #18 by N6REJ
Here is the exact error pre-patch.

Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in /home/alterego/public_html/administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line 617

error message post patch..

none

nicely done.

What was the issue? Why on some installs and not others?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by N6REJ.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19 by gray
I could not replicate the error with JomSocial 3.1.0 too, but from the hack it seems to be related to user variable.

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #20 by xillibit
[strike]In kunenadiscuss plugin there was a constructor method which call parent::construct(), when i have removed that it's worked.

I have looked default content plugin shipped with J!2.5 and 3.2 and there aren't constructor method.[/strike]

If you rename this file it works : \components\com_community\tables\featured.php, i don't understand why JTable::getInstance() load the Jomsocial table file instead to load the right one from Joomla! :S

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by xillibit.

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds