Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena Discuss 3.0 Plugin does not allow guests to be the first to post article comments.

More
8 years 5 months ago #11 by nemmar
Hi,

Has there been any update on the Kunena developers for the GitHub fix for the Kunena Discuss plugin bug that prevents Guests from posting first in article comments?

I have the latest version Kunena Discuss 3.1.1 and it's still not allowing Guests to post first topic/reply.

Thanks for any help on how to fix this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #12 by 810
need to check why it isn't working. thanx for the mention on this issue

More
8 years 5 months ago #13 by ruud
Just tested and I do not have this issue?
not logged in (so guest), place comment, topic for article is created and comment is posted as reaction.

probably it works for me because I do not use Joomla caching? (I do use Kunena caching)

sharing = caring

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #14 by sozzled

ruud wrote: Just tested and I do not have this issue ... [probably] works for me because I do not use Joomla caching? (I do use Kunena caching)

I must admit that I have not followed the progress of this topic for the two years that it has been running. I posted a topic about Joomla caching, guest posting and Kunena Discuss a couple of months ago and, like this topic, it was not addressed by the developers.

You may have hit upon the reason why Kunena Discuss does not allow guests to be the first to post comments. In actual fact, if you have Joomla caching turned on, guests may not be able to post comments at all. I'm not sure about this and the developers do not seem to know the answer either.

EDIT: Message #2 (which appeared 2 years ago) explains the reason and proposed a way to resolve the problem. Matias (the original developer of Kunena Discuss who is no longer actively involved in the project) wrote that he would "look into it".

The cause of the problem and the short answer to the question is, if you want guests to use Kunena Discuss to post comments about articles, you need to disable Joomla caching on your website.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 5 months ago #15 by 810
I merged the fix on Jul 5, so it should work now. Will look at it again.

More
8 years 5 months ago #16 by Janurmas
Hi guys, I am a very new with Kunena. I have installed the Kunena discuss plugin on my Joomla 3.4. But, I still confused how to enable the comment. I have published the plugin, but it won't appear o my posts. Please any advice for this issue.

More
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds