Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to map Kunena category to blog

More
10 years 1 month ago #11 by friday shoes
Are we getting confused here, I was working on the assumption that a Kunena topic is first created within a Kunena category on the forum. Then Kunena Discuss publishes the topic as an article on the blog?

Or are you saying it only works the other way around, whereby a joomla article is created and assigned to the blog category (so it appears on the blog). In turn it then appears as a Kunena topic within a Kunena category?

Regards?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #12 by rich

Or are you saying it only works the other way around, whereby a joomla article is created and assigned to the blog category (so it appears on the blog). In turn it then appears as a Kunena topic within a Kunena category?

Yes, that's right. You must create first a blog article and also the first answer in the blog article. After this answer will created a forum topic. Or you choose the setting "Create Topic on First Visit".

But first you must always create a Joomla article if you want mapping.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by rich.

More
10 years 1 month ago #13 by friday shoes

friday shoes wrote: I was working on the assumption that a Kunena topic is first created within a Kunena category on the forum. Then Kunena Discuss publishes the topic as an article on the blog?

So there's no way to do it this way around?

More
10 years 1 month ago #14 by rich
Unfortunately, I know no other way. I am sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: friday shoes

More
10 years 1 month ago #15 by friday shoes

rich wrote: Unfortunately, I know no other way. I am sorry.

Is it worth me asking how to map a kunena topic to my blog on another section of this forum or am I likely to get the same answer?

Thanks for your help btw.

More
10 years 1 month ago #16 by rich
You get the same answer, it's not possible. Kunena can't create and publish new Joomla articles.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled

friday shoes wrote: I want to set up something similar to ... [what] is happening on the Kunena website.

What happens here is that we create a Joomla article first and the Kunena Discuss plugin then creates a forum topic; the Kunena topic is where people can post comments about the published Joomla article. That's what the Kunena Discuss plugin is used for and it was in that context that we responded to your question.

Some people have asked about the possibility of creating a Joomla article from a forum post (for example, Create a Joomla article from a Kunena post ) but, as far as we know, there is no tool that can do that.

Does this now help you better explain the situation for you?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #18 by friday shoes
Yes that's fine, thank you both your help

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds