Kunena 5.2 RC3 Released (29 Nov 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the third public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC3 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K 3.0 Kunena Discuss: how to use

More
7 years 6 months ago #11 by myale
hey Gary,

thanks, i will try this later on the test site, i appreciate the help, as i want to improve my site capabilities and ease of use for me and other authors

i will copy and paste your last reply and try in and if have further questions ill reply back here :)

take care
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #12 by myale
hello again

i wanted to give a brief update here,

i got a couple articles tested in a catagory and then they were automatically added to a CATAGORY and then within a Manually Made topic

what i wantad to do is have 1 MASTER Catagory in Kunera called FAQs, as in the Articles section, YET within the Articles have a sub catagory (like Faqs/Profiles) where i can have all articles written as answered in there automatically, i wish to do this for Forums example FAQs\Forum (articles))

I Have yet to understand where i am going wrong in the DISCUSS setting this is still a bit confusing for this part..

HELP
Mark

More
7 years 5 months ago #13 by gray
You question is not very clear for me. But if you want the plugin to create automatically categories/subcategories for newly created content subcategories, it is not realize in it.

If I'm wrong, please provide a schematic description of what you'd like to achieve (or add links to you real site and kunena forum with explanation step by step).

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!

More
7 years 5 months ago #14 by myale
hey Gary,

here is what i wanted to do

in the articles section

Create FAQs as Primary Catagory
add Profiles
Registration help
forums
calendar
and others

the ABOVE i want to Mirror in the Forums through Discuss
what i dont want to have to do is manually add the ids to the back end

i really would rather just have to add FAQS to the Forums then as i create a sub category it automatically gets added into the forums and the articles become Topics within the sub category

i hope that makes sense

thanks again
Mark

More
7 years 5 months ago #15 by quatgio
I worked with idea of you, and sucessfull

thanks

More
7 years 5 months ago #16 by myale
i think i got it going myself, still unsure getting a little more confident with what i am trying to do

1 thing i notice is that as admin i cant adjust the reply box and add a scroll bar with the plugin

More
7 years 5 months ago #17 by gray

myale wrote: hey Gary,
the ABOVE i want to Mirror in the Forums through Discuss
what i dont want to have to do is manually add the ids to the back end

i really would rather just have to add FAQS to the Forums then as i create a sub category it automatically gets added into the forums and the articles become Topics within the sub category

I've published a hack , by applying which you can add ONLY ID of the parent content category and ID of one Kunena forum category. BUT - all comments from ALL content SUBs will get into ONE forum category.

More
7 years 5 months ago #18 by gray

myale wrote: 1 thing i notice is that as admin i cant adjust the reply box and add a scroll bar with the plugin

Not clear please add screens.

More
6 years 9 months ago #19 by sozzled

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds