Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important K 3.0.4 Cannot re-enable "Show New Topics" if it has been disabled

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
I'm trying to find a workaround solution to this software defect.

I have moved this topic to the Kunena 3.0 Support (reporting defects) category.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #12 by sozzled
Here's a workaround. Use the Restore Default feature in the Configuration Manager:

Now reported as a software defect: GitHub issue # 2238 .

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: harmlessdrudge

More
10 years 2 months ago #13 by harmlessdrudge
This helps, sort of.

I had Selectable Topic Icons disabled (and had never enabled it).

Changing the Show New Posts setting resolved the double icons (see previous image) but the behaviour doesn't seem to conform with what you describe, though I may be misunderstanding this (the folder changing to green one level up and adding "new" is intuitive; this is not, at least not to me right now--it's late, I'm tired). Have a look at the attached image and note the nr of replies and the icons shown.

Rest assured that I have no desire to enable anything other than default capability. No user icons or anything other than straight out of the box capability.
Attachments:

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #14 by sozzled
There's a defect in the Kunena Congiration Manager.

Perhaps I got the meaning of the icons around the wrong way? :dry: As I may have intimated, I have probably never fiddled around with many of these settings because I never had a reason to play with them or test them. 99.9% of the time there are only two or three configuration settings that I even feel the inclination to change on a routine basis.

Whatever may be the case, I have flagged this topic as something for the development team to investigate and, in their own good time, respond to.

More
10 years 2 months ago #15 by harmlessdrudge
Oh, I found a bug! :)

I didn't think it was my environment.

Thanks for the work around suggestion. I don't mind resetting the configuration if I can record all the settings. I'll do it tomorrow.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #16 by harmlessdrudge
Yeah, I get it now. Finally.

The phone = unanswered message. Phone is ringing, nobody has answered. Get it? I didn't! Obvious when you think about it, but I did have to think about it. After all phones are for voice communications and there's been a convention for read and unread and messages for a long time in the form of open and closed and envelopes. TOO obvious?!
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by harmlessdrudge.

More
10 years 2 months ago #17 by rich
There two different settings are, which can be used in combination. "Show New posts" and "Selectable Topic Icons".

Default is:
Show New posts = Yes
Selectable Topic Icons = Yes

will displayed:
Topic symbol + new indicator (unread posts)
Topic symbol (to have read)

Show New posts = No
Selectable Topic Icons = Yes

will displayed:
Topic symbols only

Show New posts = Yes
Selectable Topic Icons = No

will displayed:
Phone symbol-new + new indicator (unread unanswered post)
Phone symbol (unanswered post)
File symbol-new + new indicator (unread answered posts)
File symbol (answered posts)

Show New posts = No
Selectable Topic Icons = No

will displayed:
Phone symbol (unanswered post)
File symbol (answered posts)

If you don't want the phone symbol, you need to change the image. To copy the normal.png and rename it to unanswered.png. You find the symbols in
components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/images/topicicons/system and
media/kunena/topicicons/system
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, harmlessdrudge

More
10 years 2 months ago #18 by harmlessdrudge
Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the delay acknowledging this. I haven't quite got to grips with this yet. I knew there two linked things here but the mechanics didn't seem intuitive. I've been focused on getting some data loaded from another forum, which I've now done, and I'll get back to this shortly.

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds