Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 3.0.0b1 Installation stalls

More
10 years 11 months ago #11 by DavidM
I did try that and then I tried IE10.

Same issue every time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #12 by sozzled
It is possible that this problem is isolated to the server platform. I have one question and only one question for David: can you create a bare-bones, nothing-else-added, J! 3.0.3 website, do nothing to that website except install K 3.0.3b1 and tell us if you were able to install it without any errors, please?

I've explained this technique in When all else fails, try this

Looking forward to your response.

More
10 years 11 months ago #13 by DavidM
With a clean install there is no issues.
With a clean install and all extensions current used on the main site installed into the clean site, there is no issue.
With a clone from the main site and all extensions uninstalled the problem persists.

So I clearly have an issue somewhere but it will have to wait until another day.

Thank you for your help.

More
10 years 11 months ago #14 by sozzled
What this means is that your webhosting provider is not a problem. What this means is that you have a problem with your main site. This almost certainly means that it's not a problem specifically with K 3.0.0b1 but it is a problem that you were having because of some Joomla extension that you installed on your main site that stopped you from being able to install and run K 3.0.0b1 on it. Thank you very much for helping us to clear up this mystery. :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #15 by Matias
There was a bug in beta1 that prevented installation and caused 500 internal error just as you describe. We found and fixed it just before releasing beta2, so please try with it andreport back if we were able to fix your issue.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16 by DavidM

Matias wrote: There was a bug in beta1 that prevented installation and caused 500 internal error just as you describe. We found and fixed it just before releasing beta2, so please try with it andreport back if we were able to fix your issue.

I hit the same issue with BETA 2, but as posted previously this issue seems related to the site itself and not Kunena. I now believe the root cause is some bad extension that was installed/uninstalled when the site was initially created and we were looking at what Joomla can do (before we had a test cloned from the live site). Luckily it has little content and will be rebuilt from scratch.

For the Kunena dev's, more interestingly I didn't hit the ACL issue this time as reported in my other thread.

More
10 years 11 months ago #17 by coder4life
Thanks for reporting the ACL issue was fixed, I believe that was what was patched.

You might not have to start from scratch. If you are comfortable with phpMyAdmin and deleting files make sure to remove all files form the extension manually. Also remove occurrences from extensions table and the assets. Joomla does not handle removing entries from the assets table correctly. Every install attempt after usually fails. It is one issue I run into frequently when an extension does not uninstall correctly. Remember keep backup of your data before you start anything.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds