Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How to save custom emoticons?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #11 by rich
Replied by rich on topic How to save custom emoticons?
The smileys are listed in the database. If they are not displayed, there may be several reasons for this. Are placeholders displayed in the backend instead of the missing smileys?
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by rich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #12 by Pinkeltje
They are en should be saved in the database (table xxx_kunena_smileys), but as far as I can see ckeditor uses a default set of emoticons. All my custom emoticons are perfectly visible in the backend, but I can only get them in de editor with the earlier mentioned code.
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Pinkeltje.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #13 by Gindi
Replied by Gindi on topic How to save custom emoticons?
Thanks for the explanation. The initial situation was similar for me.
First I created a local test server (LAMP) and installed a backup of the website there to test everything.
Joomla 3.10.12 with Template Protostar and Kunena 5.2.14 with Template Blue Eagle 5 Version 1.6.8 and UddeIM as extension.
I deleted all incompatible extensions except UddeIM.
In preparation for the migration, I activated Kunena template crypsis and deleted all other Kunena templates.
Then I migrated Joomla 3.10.12 to the then current Joomla 4.3.0.
To update Kunena I proceeded as described in " www.kunena.org/docs/en/faq/migrate-the-f...-users-to-a-new-site ". All 401 emoticons were taken over and work perfectly.
I gradually updated Joomla to version 4.4.1 and Kunena to version 6.2.2.
The further update to Joomla 5.0.1 with Kunena 6.2.2 was a normal Joomla update in the backend.
Since I had not deleted UddeIM, I was able to download and install the updated version from GitHub about half a year ago. It works just like Joomla3.
If it does not work with the display of the emoticons, the settings in the Kunena configuration and template configuration should be checked. There are settings for the button and file endings (svg, jpg, etc.)

If everything works, you can either transfer a backup from the test server to the website or reproduce the processes on the website.

Gindi

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #14 by Ratman

The smileys are listed in the database. If they are not displayed, there may be several reasons for this. Are placeholders displayed in the backend instead of the missing smileys?

No, only the default smileys are visible in the backend and also in the Kunena editor. But thanks for the hint with the database, I will take a look what I can find there.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #15 by Ratman
I'm not done with my investigations, but as far as I can see, the smileys section in the database gets overwritten when you uninstall Kiunena 5 and install Kunena 6 afterwards. And it also seems that the structure of this section has changed between those two versions. My attempts to copy the setion from the old DB to the new did not succeed, so I created all my smilies new from scratch :)

Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Ratman.

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds