Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Error when adding categories: Cannot set the query type to "update" as the query

More
1 year 2 months ago #1 by toddjharrison
Hello!

I seem to be having another issue with Kunena. The first issue was determined to be a templating issue and the template folks were able to help. This one however doesn't appear to be template based, as 1) it's occurring in the back-end and 2) is persistent after changing the template to the J4 default.

The error I'm receiving when trying to add a category is as follows: 

An error has occurred.
0 Cannot set the query type to "update" as the query type is already set to "select". You should either call the `clear()` method to reset the type or create a new query object.

[img]%2002-23-2023%[/img]

Everything else 'seems' to be working ok, but since this is a brand-new install on a fresh copy of Joomla, I'm not sure if anything else is broken.

Configuration report is as follows:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload:  

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_comics | author: JoomlArt | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: September 16, 2022

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.0.9.1 | creationdate: 2023-02-22

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 6.0.9.1 | 2023-02-22 [ Git Repository ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

--
Todd Harrison
Founder: MyUAP Report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #2 by toddjharrison

The links or images has been removed from your message because you aren't allowed to add them.

This is really bloody annoying when you're trying to show just WTF went

--
Todd Harrison

More
1 year 1 month ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

For the spammers you need to prevent the users which a certain value of posts to add images and links.

Is-it a fresh install of Kunena or is-it an update from a previous version ? If yes, from which previous version ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: toddjharrison

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #4 by toddjharrison
Hi Xillibit,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it very much.

For the spammers you need to prevent the users which a certain value of posts to add images and links.

I get it, and it's OK. It's just frustrating for new users. :) 

Is-it a fresh install of Kunena or is-it an update from a previous version ? If yes, from which previous version ?

It is a fresh installation on a new site. I have tried troubleshooting for the last three days, but I have failed to determine a reason why it will not allow me to create or edit categories.

Any help you could give would be very very much appreciated. I am happy to give super admin access for you if necessary. Please instruct me on how to send you the details and I will make it happen.

Thank you again.

Todd

--
Todd Harrison
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by toddjharrison.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #5 by toddjharrison
You can see the error here:

myuap [dot] report [slash] images [slash] kunenaCat [dot] png

xD 

--
Todd Harrison
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by toddjharrison.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xillibit

More
1 year 1 month ago #6 by xillibit
Thanks for the screenshot i got it now, it's in the plugin for the integration with Joomsocial i will look to make a fix for it later

More
1 year 1 month ago #7 by toddjharrison

Thanks for the screenshot i got it now, it's in the plugin for the integration with Joomsocial i will look to make a fix for it later
Thank you Xillibit! I will await your notification that the problem is resolved. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.
Todd

--
Todd Harrison

More
1 year 1 month ago #8 by xillibit

The following user(s) said Thank You: toddjharrison

More
1 year 1 month ago #9 by toddjharrison
Ok, we have some movement, but we're still throwing errors. Here are the steps I took.

I tried creating an override in /$template_dir/html/plg_kunena_community/KunenaAccessCommunity.php

Nothing happened.

I tried creating an override in /$template_dir/html/KunenaAccessCommunity.php

Nothing happened.

I then changed the original file in plugins/kunena/community/KunenaAccessCommunity.php

This had a result, but then threw a 1064 error when trying to add a category:
Code:
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT CONCAT('c', id) AS id, CONCAT('c', parent) AS parentid, name FROM `m6a...' at line 1 Call stack

Screenshot: myuap [dot] report [slash] images [slash] kunenaError1064 [dot] png.

Any ideas? Also, do you know what did I do wrong when trying to create the override?

Thanks again for your help.

Todd

--
Todd Harrison

More
1 year 1 month ago #10 by xillibit
It's not from your override there was another error in the query with this fix it should be better (youd need to keep the previous one fix) : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/5d...95435d658de513b89fa9

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds