Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Upon subscribing or unsubscribing to a post, users are redirected to Forum Home

More
3 years 11 months ago #1 by inspry
Upon subscribing or unsubscribing to a post, users are redirected to the Kunena Forum homepage.

We spent 3 hours debugging and have confirmed this appears to be a core issue.

$activity->onAfterSubscribe($topic, 1);

this function integrates with Community Builder

and the URL inside it get changed after subscribe

Video of issue below:
www.screencast.com/t/riA2cKyEl

Note this staging site is using the default Joomla 3 and Kunena templates with all components, modules and plugins disabled except for Joomla core, Kunena and Community Builder.

On Joomla 3.9.16, Kunena 5.1.16 and CB 2.4.4

Does anybody have any insight onto why the subscribe function redirect to the homepage forum and doesn't stay on the existing post page?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this issue but I see in your video it seems your page has also others errors.
If you have no menu items in the menu bar, you have wrong configured menu items. docs.kunena.org/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues
Also the layout is not correct.
Is it a new installed or migrated page?
You have enabled in the Joomla global setting the option Add Suffix to URL. That also can leads to mistakes.

More
3 years 11 months ago #3 by inspry
Thanks for the response back on this Rich, much appreciated. Yes, it must be our setup - as I new Joomla install with a fresh Kunena install does not have this issue. We will investigate further as this is an old site with many upgrades. Maybe the Joomla is corrupt / incomplete causing the layout issues with the default template. The add suffix to URL didn't help, but if you have any other help, that would be great.

More
3 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
Probably you have overlooked an outdated plugin. It can be a Joomla plugin too, which during the migration has been broken.
It's hard to say what is the best way to find this error.
But it seems you have a test installation too, otherwise you would have not tested with a new installation.
Create a klon of your broken page, disable the CB and check again all plugins, also Joomla plugins one by one.
But carefully, if you deactive some Joomla plugins it's possible you go out of the backend and you can no longer get in. Therefore create also from the testpage a database backup.

More
3 years 11 months ago #5 by inspry
Thanks for the suggestion Rich, much appreciated. I will try disabling the core Joomla plugins one by one now and see if I can find if one of the Core components / plugins is corrupted and breaking things and report back. Thanks once again.

More
3 years 11 months ago #6 by inspry
Hi Rich,

Just an update that I found the issue was from the site being a staging site on SiteGround. I pulled the site apart even reinstalling Joomla completely. We have had a similar issue a few times over the years where a redirect URL or even generated thumbs fail to generate due to how SG handles their staging site URLs from their platform.

I found this guide for WP on SG redirect issues theme.co/forum/t/issues-with-siteground-staging-site/51401/4 and assumed adding the live site configuration in Joomla would do the same and voila it worked. So nothing to do with our site at all luckily.

Just wanted to let you know in case you ever run across this and thanks again!

More
3 years 11 months ago #7 by rich
Many thanks for your reply. Maybe this solution can help other users too.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds