Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Message text is sometimes missing when editing message post

More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by csommer
Sometimes when users of my forum, myself included, try to edit a post, the message text is missing. There seems to be no consistency or pattern. Sometimes it shows, other times it doesn't. Sometimes trying to edit repeatedly eventually shows the text and lets you edit it. Anyone have any ideas what the cause may be or where to start looking?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.5 | creationdate: 2018-10-14

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.5 | 2018-10-14 [ Rhea ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.2.1 | UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.1 | Kunena Search 5.1.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by Slacker
I have noted that if I edit text and remove a part of the text. but don't save. When I open the post next time to edit the part I removed is missing although is still visible in read position.

More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by ubarose
I’m having the exact same problem. It happens with no constancy on both edits and quotes. Did anyone ever discover what was causing this?

More
5 years 3 months ago #4 by 810
"I have noted that if I edit text and remove a part of the text. but don't save. When I open the post next time to edit the part I removed is missing although is still visible in read position."

I think its the "Recover crash and store fields" feature, on the template settings. that feature will save the browser fields.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
5 years 3 months ago #5 by ubarose
Thank you. I will turn that off and see if it solves the problem.

More
5 years 3 months ago #6 by rich

810 wrote: I think its the "Recover crash and store fields" feature, on the template settings. that feature will save the browser fields.

Yes, that's correct.

Slacker wrote: I have noted that if I edit text and remove a part of the text. but don't save. When I open the post next time to edit the part I removed is missing although is still visible in read position.

This problem occur, if you use the browser back option, instead of the cancel button.
If you want restore the original text in the edit window, you must click on the cancel button, then click again on Edit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
5 years 3 months ago #7 by ubarose
Yes, turning off the "Recover crash and store fields" feature fixed the problem. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds