Kunena 5.1.3 Released (19 Aug 2018)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.3 [K 5.1.3] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.8.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a maintenance release.

Question "Anoymous" user posting spam

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #21 by mibert
Replied by mibert on topic "Anoymous" user posting spam
Hi there,

I have locked out the compromising IP Address range by Admin tools. Since then the problem is gone.
Anyway, this is not a very elegant and durable solution.

I will try your update and lift the Admin tools blocking in the next days, when I have some time.

Best regards

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #22 by ClayD
Replied by ClayD on topic "Anoymous" user posting spam

810 wrote: I made again an extra check, please try now.
If this doesn't work, then i don't know. Then its a joomla user. Not a bot with access to post.

Tried again, same problem. I had disabled all users except the administrators, and I know neither of us us doing it. Still got another anonymous spam post.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #23 by djb
Replied by djb on topic "Anoymous" user posting spam
I experienced this same problem immediately after the update to 5.1. As a temporary solution, I went back to version 5.0.14. This downgrade resolved the anonymous posting but introduced a new problem where users cannot update their profiles. If they try to make a change, they see the message 'Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'.

There is a separate thread explaining that the aim field has been removed from v5.1. An unsupported solution is to manually add the field to the Kunena users table but this is heavily caveated. I have 50,000 posts in my forum so do not want to run that risk.

Is there a schedule to release 5.1.1 please?

With thanks
David
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by djb.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds