Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved The last post and new posts in topic.

More
4 years 5 months ago #11 by lemur
Dear developers of Kunena,
for more seven months I have been trying with your help to solve the problem of this theme.
I am in despair as I cannot satisfy my visitors. Moreover, in having exactly the same structure of the German version of the website everything works in relation to this topic perfectly.

In the penultimate post, I gave examples of how the correct URL is changed during the execution of the request, which leads to the issuance of the wrong page.
In the last post I showed that the links in the database are correct.
So, if I'm not mistaken, the error must occur in the process of the rendering of a page.

It seems, that using of the debugger from your side would solve the problem right away. Or please advise me in which direction I can look for the roots of the problem myself.
I am fully ready to cooperate and provide access to the site at any level.
Please help me.

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Many thanks to Rich and the other advisors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #12 by rich
I'm sorry for the late answer, I had not forgotten this topic and had invested many time for it. I've noticed, that the language plugin not switch the browser address from de to ru if you click on it. It seems, the plugin switched only the content of this pages, and also it seems the address ru.geschichte is wrong. If you use the address de.geschichte (or all addresses with de), you can switch nevertheless the content to Russian language, and all works correctly.
You can test it itself. Call this link ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/ then change in the browser address the word ru to de and refresh the page. Then click the link to the forum, it goes to the Russian forum and all links to the messages are correctly.
In your case is the problem, you call the same forum with 2 different addresses but only the de addresses are correct for both languages.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by rich.

More
4 years 5 months ago #13 by lemur
Dear rich,
I am very grateful to you for not forgetting this topic, because it is very disturbing to me and my users.
I carefully read your post and tried to simulate the situation you proposed. That's the only reason I didn't answer you yesterday, right away.

But first I have to clarify something.
ru.geschichte-chronologie.de and de.geschichte-chronologie.de
are two independent sites (for a long time, in the first posts I wrote about it. When the sites were created 20 years ago, there was no multilingualism in Joomla).
The only thing they have in common is that they are hosted on the same domain and have the same structure (and theme). That is, these sites have different databases, but the same set of components, modules, etc. In particular, the German and Russian flags are just buttons for calling a Google translator using the GTranslate module.

I don't know how the differences in the Kunena component (or anywhere else) came about. Perhaps they could arise because the updates were checked first on the Russian site, and then, not always immediately, in German. Or because of problems with encoding or transcription in the Russian site.

However, I tried to implement the example you proposed (in Chrome and Edge), but could not get the same result as you.

Now that we're back on this topic, in the next post I'll describe what new differences else I found.

Thank you again

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

More
4 years 5 months ago #14 by lemur
Hello,
I decided that it is not necessary to overload the moderators with information about all the problems of this theme. I will focus on one mistake: wrong moving on a click on the "Last post".

I noticed that URL of any button "Last post" on the Russian site contains a sign "/" instead of "#" in the number of the post (after click).

For example, on the German site URL is like this:
de.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...rosse-wirklich#12066

On Russian site URL is formed as:
ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...vannykh-svedenij/867
/867

That is, instead of # it is "/" there.
The number 867 here is the correct number of the last post. But the moving is to post 330.
When I manually change a sign / to # in the URL
ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...vannykh-svedenij#867
moves correctly, on post #867.

Unfortunately, changing to # doesn't always work. For example, the URL
ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...kinfa-bichurina/1176
leads to post #1136. And URL
ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...kinfa-bichurina#1176
moves to post #1069, which is not the last in the thread.

I have previously investigated and given examples, that the numbers of last posts in the table in the database are correct. So I'm pretty sure, that the error (because of the # sign) is there in some of Kunena file. It probably hasn't changed with updates. (The latest version is now installed).

Question to rich: can it help, if I update (install) only all the Kunena files without affecting the tables? How to do it? With FTP?
Maybe then the problems will disappear.

Thanks

--
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez3_j39_ru | author: Angie Radtke | version: 3.1.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: 2018-12-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.14 | 2019-08-13 [ Nix ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.4.2 | UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.1 | Kunena Stats 5.1.1

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

More
4 years 5 months ago #15 by rich
I have noticed, your page is offline today so you work on it.
Please copy Kunena files not via ftp on your page, otherwise you get still more errors.
You can install Kunena again over the existing version, it replace the files too.
Maybe I have a stupid idea, but what happens, if you switch in the Backend -> Extensions the language to English (for both Administrator and Site)?

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #16 by lemur
Hello rich,
Firstly, thank you for the proposals.

- Change of language. Without Success.
- I have also installed pkg_kunena_v5.1.14_2019-08-13.zip new. Unfortunately, no improvement.

The page ru.geschichte-chronologie.de it's online now.
You can check my examples from the post #14.

Maybe one of your employees can decipher the story with the characters "#" and"/"? I like to give access to Administration and Debug.

Best Regards
Leon

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by lemur.

More
4 years 5 months ago #17 by rich

ich habe bemerkt, dass mein Thema aus dem Forum verschwunden ist, also schreibe ich auf Deutsch.

Ich habe keine Ahnung was damit gemeint ist, denn das Thema hier ist nach wie vor vorhanden. Wenn das Thema in deutscher Sprache geführt werden soll, dann ist es nicht die richtige Kategorie, hier sollte die Diskussion ausschließlich in englischer Sprache abgewickelt werden.

Vielleicht kann einer ihrer Mitarbeiter die Geschichte mit den Zeichen "#" und "/ "entschlüsseln? Ich gebe gerne Zugriff zur Administration und zum Debug.

Der Slash ist schon korrekt, nur fehlt am Ende der Adresse de Hinweis direkt zum Beitrag (#Beitragsnummer).
Nachdem (laut Konfigurationsbericht) eine .htaccess vorhanden ist und auch der Server es unterstützt, versuche in der Joomla Konfiguration die Option „Use URL Rewriting = Ja“. Danach alle Caches leeren und über die Startseite das Forum neu aufrufen.

Eine weitere Möglichkeit wäre auch, dass du es mit der Kunena Nightly Build 5.1 testest. Diese ist am unteren Ende unserer Downloadseite zu finden.

Vielleicht kann einer ihrer Mitarbeiter die Geschichte mit den Zeichen "#" und "/ "entschlüsseln?

Ich habe deine Bitte weitergeleitet.

More
4 years 5 months ago #18 by lemur
rich, thank you.

First, about the more important.

rich wrote: The Slash is correct, only missing at the end of the address the hint directly to the post (#post number)

The post number there is after the slash (see examples in post #14), for example,
ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...vannykh-svedenij/867

But I just noticed that on your website
www.kunena.org/forum/recent
the "Last Post" button works just as wrong as on my Russian site !?.

More precisely, it happens in the Chrome browser.
I checked what is going on in the Firefox browser. Everything works fine in it!

URLs for Last Post in these browsers are formed in different ways. For example, for this topic
In chrome:
www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/157262...osts-in-topic/211439

In Firefox:
www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/157262...opic?start=10#211439

rich wrote: ... denn das Thema hier ist nach wie vor vorhanden.

Yes, on the page www.kunena.org/forum/recent my theme is visible.
And I was looking it on a page where I can't see it:
www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-and-how-tos
Sorry

rich wrote: hier sollte die Diskussion ausschließlich in englischer Sprache abgewickelt werden.

sorry, I made a mistake. I have translated my previous post #14 into English.

---

rich wrote: ... versuche in der Joomla Konfiguration die Option „Use URL Rewriting = Ja“. ...

Unfortunately, after that the site stops working. I'll deal with it.

Eine weitere Möglichkeit wäre auch, dass du es mit der Kunena Nightly Build 5.1 testest. Diese ist am unteren Ende unserer Downloadseite zu finden.

Unfortunately I couldn't do it. It's about github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum ?
I don't know which file I should download and how to install.

Thanks again.

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #19 by rich

Unfortunately I couldn't do it. It's about github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum ?
I don't know which file I should download and how to install.

I'm sorry, I had overlooked the download was not available. Now he is published again.

rich wrote: ... try in the Joomla configuration „Use URL Rewriting = Yes“.

Unfortunately, after that the site stops working. I'll deal with it.

When the site stops working after that, maybe it's some kind of router bug. Please try it also with the Joomla default .htaccess, or try without sef, and look at the urls.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by rich.

More
4 years 5 months ago #20 by lemur
Thanks.
Installing of the latest version of Kunena did not help. :((

And what says your programmers about that, that button, "last post" does not work on the forum Kunena itself (see post #18)? I hope it brought their attention to this question. I've tested it on Chrome, Opera, Edge and Firefox.
Or depends the work of forum on the operating system (I have Windows 10 Pro) and a such situation have not repeated by you?

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds