Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Problem with email

More
5 years 10 months ago #11 by milstanyu
Replied by milstanyu on topic Problem with email
I confirm, Kunena mails are not sent to the moderators. Joomla emails are sent normally. This is my configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : HJT | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: December 2008

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.0 | creationdate: 2018-05-13

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.0 | 2018-05-13 [ Ariel ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #12 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Problem with email
did you set a Visible E-mail Recipient on the kunena config?

More
5 years 10 months ago #13 by djos
Replied by djos on topic Problem with email
I have same problem

More
5 years 10 months ago #14 by milstanyu
I entered a valid email address in Visible E-mail Recipient on the kunena config, but moderators are still not receiving any emails. No notifications about new topics, no notifications about replies.
Also, I checked logs of my SMTP provider (mailgun.com) and there are no traces that emails are even tried to be sent.
At the same time, Joomla emails are sent normally.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: djos

More
5 years 10 months ago #15 by Bigbunny
Replied by Bigbunny on topic Problem with email
Sometimes these issues don't relate to Kunena. I have had issues in the past where something similar happened and we tried everything we could in both Kunena and Jomsocial but email notifications never materialised. On two hosts SG and Inmotion we had this issue, but when we moved to Rochen they suddenly started to run. The problem was that the backlog was sent out so an apology had to be given to all recipients. The only difference I could see was that Rochen ran Cloudlinux and Litespeed as the web server where the others didn't, but it ids more likely to do with the configuration by the hosting company.

Also, though unlikely in this case, if your DMARC for email is either not set up, or not set up correctly the emails may be dropped by either the relay or during transit or by the recipients end. f at the relay end, that is whoever is hosting your email that may mean that is does not appear in the sent box or draft. The likes of Google, Yahoo, Paypal, etc all do this. This can also affect any payments via the paypal and other gateways as they require the DMARC to be set up properly

More
5 years 9 months ago #16 by fiat4x4.gr
Replied by fiat4x4.gr on topic Problem with email
My humble opinion is that this problem is related to Kunena. I haven't this problem in the past, never. This problem it show up when I update from 5.0.13 Meerkat to 5.1.0 Ariel a few days ago.

More
5 years 9 months ago #17 by milstanyu

fiat4x4.gr wrote: My humble opinion is that this problem is related to Kunena. I haven't this problem in the past, never. This problem it show up when I update from 5.0.13 Meerkat to 5.1.0 Ariel a few days ago.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Worked fine before I upgraded to 5.1.0. No email settings are changed recently.

More
5 years 9 months ago #18 by gearit
Replied by gearit on topic Problem with email
Here the same.
I've just created a new post about that.
Now found this thread.

My previous situation is:
- joomla 3.8.x
- smtp.com + google engine which forbid port 25, so smtp requests are on 2525
- kunena 5.0 + blueeagle 1.0.4 was rurnning

Now, after upgrading to 5.1 email aren't working.
I updated the blueagle to 1.0.5 and still not working.

Note: other joomla modules are working properly.

More
5 years 9 months ago #19 by fiat4x4.gr
Replied by fiat4x4.gr on topic Problem with email
K5.1.1 doesn't resolve the problem.

More
5 years 8 months ago #20 by bikeboy
Replied by bikeboy on topic Problem with email
Hi
I am a novice with these things but have experienced the same messages and same scenario as described above. Evertyhing was working fine until 3 weeks ago and the hosting company turned off phpmail due to security concerns - they have advised me to update the site to SMTP which I have done - the test email from Joomla works fine but the Kunena system does not send out notifications of new posts.

Time to create page: 1.152 seconds