Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question "Anoymous" user posting spam

More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by xreliable
I have the 5.1 nightly build 5.1.0-RC5-DEV from about a week ago, and getting spammed by "Anonymous" but the profile of spam messages don't link to an actual profile. I have a stopforumspam API key setup in the Kunena config. In the Category Permissions public and guest do not have post or reply permissions.

Any ideas on dealing with this? Known problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic "Anoymous" user posting spam
Anonymous is a feature, that users can post under a different name or, when guests don't need to sign-up. You can disable it on the kunena category - category settings - Allow anonymous messages

Set to "No"

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by xreliable

810 wrote: Anonymous is a feature, that users can post under a different name or, when guests don't need to sign-up. You can disable it on the kunena category - category settings - Allow anonymous messages

Set to "No"

It is and was set to No.

More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic "Anoymous" user posting spam
could you send me the email, [email protected]

More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by xreliable

810 wrote: could you send me the email, [email protected]

When I said "spam" I meant forum spam not email. Do you want me to send you something else?

More
5 years 10 months ago #6 by xreliable
I'm using 5.1 RC7 and still having this problem with Anonymous spammers

More
5 years 10 months ago #7 by rich
Replied by rich on topic "Anoymous" user posting spam
The name Anonymous you get only, if you allow anonymous posting for registered users, or you have public write access, and the guest choose this name.
Login as normal registered user and check, whether it's possible to post anonymous in this category.

More
5 years 10 months ago #8 by xreliable
1) Category Settings> Allow anonymous messages: No
2) Category Permissions>User Groups Allowed to Post> Public and Guest are NOT selected
3) Category Permissions>User Groups Allowed to Reply> Public and Guest are NOT selected
4) It is not possible to post Anonymously as a regular logged in user.

More
5 years 10 months ago #9 by rich
Replied by rich on topic "Anoymous" user posting spam
hm.. Kunena places the name Anonymous only then, when anonymous posting for registered users is allowed, and the user let the field for the name empty. Then you have also not a link to the profile, all personality data are removed from a anonymous post.
But only then, if anonymous posting is allowed.
Therfore two questions: Are this spam posts advertising for somethings, or are this posts related to the topics? And are you the only Admin on your page, or have other peoples also backend access?

More
5 years 10 months ago #10 by xreliable
These are spam advertising.

There are moderators but only front end. No joomla/kunena administrator access other than myself.

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds