Kunena 5.1.0 RC4 Released (25 Mar 2018)

The Kunena team is proud to announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.0 RC4 [K 5.1.0] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.8.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a RC release.

Question "Anoymous" user posting spam

More
1 week 1 day ago #1 by xreliable
xreliable created the topic: "Anoymous" user posting spam
I have the 5.1 nightly build 5.1.0-RC5-DEV from about a week ago, and getting spammed by "Anonymous" but the profile of spam messages don't link to an actual profile. I have a stopforumspam API key setup in the Kunena config. In the Category Permissions public and guest do not have post or reply permissions.

Any ideas on dealing with this? Known problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #2 by 810
810 replied the topic: "Anoymous" user posting spam
Anonymous is a feature, that users can post under a different name or, when guests don't need to sign-up. You can disable it on the kunena category - category settings - Allow anonymous messages

Set to "No"

More
1 week 1 day ago #3 by xreliable
xreliable replied the topic: "Anoymous" user posting spam

810 wrote: Anonymous is a feature, that users can post under a different name or, when guests don't need to sign-up. You can disable it on the kunena category - category settings - Allow anonymous messages

Set to "No"

It is and was set to No.

More
1 week 1 day ago #4 by 810
810 replied the topic: "Anoymous" user posting spam
could you send me the email, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
1 week 1 day ago #5 by xreliable
xreliable replied the topic: "Anoymous" user posting spam

810 wrote: could you send me the email, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

When I said "spam" I meant forum spam not email. Do you want me to send you something else?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds