Kunena 5.1 RC 3 Released (16 Feb 2018)

The Kunena team is proud to announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.0 RC3 [K 5.1.0] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.8.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a RC release.

Solved I upgraded to JomSocial latest version and avatars are blank.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1 by Kotsolis
Kotsolis created the topic: I upgraded to JomSocial latest version and avatars are blank.
I have upgraded JomSocial from 3.2.1.4 to 4.3.4.

My problem is now that avatars in Kunena Forum are blank. I want to use JomSocial avatars. How can I do this? Please guide me in Backend.

For those that have JomSocial, I think you should allow taking JomSocial avatars as default option when someone upgrades, because 95% of sites use JomSocial avatars when they bridge with Kunena. If they have only Kunena and not JomSocial, of course they use Kunena forum avatars (site avatars).

I have even tried the "Kunena Forum: Plugins -> Integration -> Enable Kunena Avatars -> No" but I still have the same issue (if I click "No" they just dissapear).

Any advices on where to go?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Cyrusxxxx
Cyrusxxxx replied the topic: I upgraded to JomSocial latest version and avatars are blank.
Latest version of JomSocial is 4.5, upgrade it to the latest then check avatars.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #3 by Kotsolis
Kotsolis replied the topic: I upgraded to JomSocial latest version and avatars are blank.
The latest version is 4.4.5 . I have installed it. The problem remains.

Tell me where to go in configuration or provide a custom fix asap. Everyone's avatars are like this!

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #4 by Cyrusxxxx
Cyrusxxxx replied the topic: I upgraded to JomSocial latest version and avatars are blank.
No the latest version of JomSocial is not 4.4.5 it is 4.5.

www.jomsocial.com/features/changelog
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Cyrusxxxx.

More
2 months 1 week ago #5 by Kotsolis
Kotsolis replied the topic: I upgraded to JomSocial latest version and avatars are blank.
They told me that I need to install the Kunena - JomSocial plugin.

How can I install it? I can't find it in the initial package or in your downloads. Please send me a link.

More
2 months 1 week ago #6 by ruud
ruud replied the topic: I upgraded to JomSocial latest version and avatars are blank.
It's installed when you install the Kunena Package. You just need to enable it (and configure)

sharing = caring
Attachments:

More
2 months 1 week ago #7 by Kotsolis

The Plugin does not exist.

I have 5.0.11 .

Someone send the zip file here seperatelly. It's been so many days since Iam asking for help!
Attachments:

More
2 months 1 week ago #8 by ruud
ruud replied the topic: I upgraded to JomSocial latest version and avatars are blank.
The plugin DOES exist. It is in the installation package:
Just open the pkg_kunena_v5.0.12_2017-11-24.zip
in there is directory packages.
in package: com_kunena_v5.0.12.zip
the plugin is in directory install/plugins
the plugin name is: plg_kunena_community

you are welcome!

sharing = caring

More
2 months 1 week ago #9 by Kotsolis
Why in the Plugin list you named it "JomSocial Integration" and now you are giving me orders to download the "plg_kunena_community" ? Decide how the plugin is called. If it's called JomSocial Integration then name it "kunena_jomsocial_integration".

Also I have put this folder in /plugins/kunena/ . So what's next? I see the same plugins in my screen
www.kunena.org/docs/en/plugins/kunena-discuss-plugin

Give exact instructions on how to install that thing. You don't have info even in your help section!

www.kunena.org/docs/en/plugins/kunena-discuss-plugin
Attachments:

More
2 months 1 week ago #10 by ruud
Hi, all valid questions... It's just the way you ask them that is frustrating for me.
I am not affiliated with Kunena, I am just a user of Kunena myself and I am trying to pay forward for the help I am getting here on the forum.
I really hope somebody else is willing to help you

sharing = caring
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusxxxx

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds