Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [SOLVED] SOMETHING breaks Kunena attachment loader?

More
6 years 4 months ago #11 by mikerotec
ah.. I am ONTO SOMETHING...
inspecting the page, I found this error message hidden inside of a
Code:
<div class="alert alert-error">

Could not move file into /var/www/html/[redacted]/media/kunena/attachments/86/sample-image-upload.png.

checking permissions on the "problem" folder:
Code:
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Feb 16 2015 . drwxr-xr-x. 256 apache apache 4096 Nov 30 11:04 .. -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 190331 Feb 16 2015 tiger_1.jpg

checking permissions on another, 'known good' folder:
Code:
drwxr-xr-x. 3 apache apache 12288 Nov 13 11:17 . drwxr-xr-x. 256 apache apache 4096 Nov 30 11:04 .. -rw-r--r--. 1 apache apache 44107 Jul 2 2015 20150219_173748.jpg

so... not sure how that folder permission got messed up, but I'm gonna try to fix it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #12 by walkyrie
Thanks for sharing! Hope The team will help!

More
6 years 4 months ago #13 by rich
Please add your question not to another topic. Create your own topic.

More
6 years 4 months ago #14 by walkyrie
Hi! As explain just few posts before, I met exactly the same problem. So i just follow this topic... why create a new one for same need...?

walkyrie wrote: Hi!
I met exactly the same problem : I upload files (/images) they appear as thumbnails, but no way to insert them. Only the insert all button appears, but without action. Neither, no way to insert file by file.
More, i can't submit my post if i used the insert button (even if nothing is inserted in the post).
I cleared the cache, i tried Php 5.6 and Php 7, try to change template... nothing better. That the case for superadmin or register user...
Thank you for your help!

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #15 by mikerotec
OK! confirmed a fix for this... for some reason, (some backup restoration glitch?) all "kunena media user" subfolders made on a certain date have the WRONG permissions applied, thus blocking access to the webserver!

My webserver in this instance is Apache, so I was able to fix it up using this linux command, to give the webserver ownership:

sudo chown -R apache:apache /var/www/{path-to-joomla-installation}/media/kunena/attachments/

This user can now post attachments normally ( as can a few others that I didn't even know were being blocked... )
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by mikerotec.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16 by rich
Thanks for the info. I would not have thought of that, because other users could upload.

More
6 years 4 months ago #17 by walkyrie
Well, as to me, having exaclty the same issue, i resolved it in the Joomla configuration : I switched "Add Suffix to URL" to "No"... why? i don't know...

More
6 years 4 months ago #18 by mikerotec

walkyrie wrote: Well, as to me, having exactly the same issue, i resolved it in the Joomla configuration : I switched "Add Suffix to URL" to "No"... why? i don't know...

FWIW: our system as always been set "Add Suffix to URL" to "No" as the default configuration...

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds