Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Pagination doesn't work

More
6 years 7 months ago #1 by Daviciacus
Hello,

I have recently upgraded my Joomla 2.5 website to Joomla 3, and also Kunena to the latest version.

I notice that the pagination is no longer working properly. When a topic has more than one page, and I click on e.g. page 2 or 3, I end up at the home page of my Joomla website instead each time.

I have already googled the issue, but haven't found any solution yet that worked.

A few things I tried:

- Installed Kunena again (even with chmod to 777 for /com_kunena/ as I read somewhere that fixed it, but not for me)
- Tried another template, same result
- Tried disabling Joomla SEF, same result (I do not have other SEF plugins installed)
- Tried to create a new Kunena Category menu item, used that to load the forums and tried again, same result
- Joomla's error reporting to "maximum" gives no Kunena errors
- Kunena Diagnostics gives no errors

I really don't know what to do anymore, but my site needs to live again very soon so I hope this can be fixed quickly.

Thanks.

My report configuration is:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : eco | author: joomladesigns.co.uk | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 30/04/2014

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: 2017-02-04

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.10 | 2017-06-30 [ Junco ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.1.3+build.2017.08.10.23.23.10.914ce3ace | UddeIM 3.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.0.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Pagination doesn't work
Please remove the obsolete menu items from your trash. You use a multilingual web page? I see menu items "nl" and "english" in your configuration report. Unfortunately I can not see your page but maybe it's because of it?

More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by Daviciacus
Replied by Daviciacus on topic Pagination doesn't work
Hello,

I have just now deleted the menu items that were in the trash. This did not fix the problem.

I have also tried to set the forum menu link to "public" (it's not supposed to be public but for members only, always that way), but this also did not fix the problem.

The website is currently completely offline because I had upgraded to Joomla 3 and I want to put it back online asap when the issues like this one are fixed.

When I (temporarily) put the website online, then log in with a regular test user account, and try the pagination, I get a 404 Page not found error instead of going to the home page.

It appears that the issue only comes up with &start=20 (or other number) is added to the URL. But the additional replies are definitely there, because if I set in Kunena configuration the amount of replies per page to e.g. 50 or more, they all show up.

P.S. The pagination for multiple pages among the topic list has the exact same issue.

More
6 years 7 months ago #4 by Daviciacus
Also, yes my site is bi-lingual EN/NL, but when I try the pagination in either language, the result is the same :(

More
6 years 7 months ago #5 by rich

I have recently upgraded my Joomla 2.5 website to Joomla 3, and also Kunena to the latest version.

Please go in the backen to "Extensions -> Manage -> tab Database" and check if it's ok. And if you have enabled in the Joomla global configuration "Adds Suffix to URL", then disable it.

More
6 years 7 months ago #6 by Daviciacus
In the tab Database, it's saying everything is ok (I had already done "fix" right after the upgrade, and did again just now but the pagination issue remains).

Adds suffix to URL is already disabled, as well as Use URL Rewriting.

More
6 years 7 months ago #7 by rich
Go to Kunena -> Plugins and disable the CommunityBuilder and Uddeim plugin. Then empty the cache and try it again. Test it also with the default templates Protostar and Crypsis.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #8 by Daviciacus
I tried that just now, but the problem remains. I don't think that the issue is caused by a Kunena or Joomla template (and, so it seems, not by the CB and UddeIM plugins either).

I do notice that, if my website is set to "offline", clicking on the pagination just sends me to the home page. But when the site is set to "online", it sends me to the 404 error page instead (even when I'm still logged in with the same admin account).
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Daviciacus.

More
6 years 7 months ago #9 by rich

I don't think that the issue is caused by a Kunena or Joomla template (and, so it seems, not by the CB and UddeIM plugins either).

We had already a similar problem, but the error was caused by it was AlphaUserPoint. Therefore I thought.
When you click on Next, includes the address the word "components"?
And have you already counted all kunena statistics (Backend -> Kunena -> Tools), and synchronisized the CB database tables?

More
6 years 7 months ago #10 by Daviciacus
I don't use AlphaUserPoint. Pity, otherwise it might already have been resolved then lol :)

I can't click "next", only on the number of a page. For example, when I click on "2" in the list of topics in a forum, the URL looks like this;

..../index.php/en/forum?view=category&defaultmenu=1505&catid=4&start=20

When doing the same in a list of replies inside a topic, the URL looks like this:

..../index.php/en/forum?view=topic&catid=4&id=128083&start=10

This is with "Search Engine Friendly URLs" disabled in Kunena configuration. With it enabled in Kunena, the topic list URL looks like this:

..../index.php/en/forum/4-ask-the-council?start=20

And within the replies of a topic named "gender" like this:

..../index.php/en/forum/4-ask-the-council/128083-gender?start=10

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds