Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question NoFollow attribute being used on internal links to Forum Categories and Topics

More
7 years 8 months ago #11 by 810
will add canonical on unread urls

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #12 by eSilverStrike
Right, my mistake. Google would never see that url. I was just using it as an example of a different url with similar content.
Looking forward to the next release.

More
7 years 8 months ago #13 by 810
yes, I'm rewriting everything to 'canonical'.
All topics are be crawled by the category index page. So you need have a active index menu item. Else you need to edit 1 parameter on your template.

Will create a example when the fix is done.

On K5.1 I will create a new option for each page, and will do it on a new backend view.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14 by eSilverStrike
Will the Last Forum Topic module also receive the update? Currently the topic links are nofollow. If you are canonical everything then you can remove the nofollow from this module as well.

Also I notice you use rel="follow" on a few links which is not valid HTML anymore. See: www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_rel.asp
Thanks for the hard work.
Tom

More
7 years 8 months ago #15 by 810
I just fixed it. Will be fixed on next version

More
6 years 10 months ago #16 by ruud
Hi, just following up on the canonical urls

I am investigating the use of canonical urls and I am running into some 'issues' with my site / forum.

According to Google there are some 'mistakes' when implementing canonical url's ( webmasters.googleblog.com/2013/04/5-comm...th-relcanonical.html

#3 - Unintended or multiple declarations of rel=canonical
#5 - rel=canonical in the <body>

So what I learned from this document: there can only be one link rel = canonical per webpage and that link should be in the head of the page not the body.

What I am seeing in the forum is that there are multiple canonical referrals in the body.
But and that worries me the most: when using kunena discuss, there are also multiple canonical urls on the article page (for every comment) > possibly conflicting with the intended (and correct) canonical url in the article itself?

When looking at this page: developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Link_types
I cannot find a valid 'rel=canonical' for <a hrefs as these are used on the kunena forum pages (topic links)

Am I missing something?

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds