Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Formatting issue on fresh install of K5b5

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1 by jhebbel
Fresh install of the latest beta with no changes to settings yields some formatting issues in the forum.

It almost looks as if a stylesheet did not load, however the console shows no failed stylesheet errors.

URL is inputmapper.com/index.php/kunena/index

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : InputMapper | author: Joshua Hebbel | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2015-02-15

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.0.0-BETA5 | creationdate: 2016-05-17

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.0-BETA5 | 2016-05-17 [ Nightly Beta ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by jhebbel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by WolfgangOWL
Looks like your Joomla template is not based on Bootstrap. Try the Protostar template which is shipped with Joomla.

More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by 810
Or load the boostrap by the kunena template settings.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by jhebbel

810 wrote: Or load the boostrap by the kunena template settings.

Fantastic!... How do I do that?

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by WolfgangOWL
In backend go to Kunena Crypsis Template and in basic settings select "Yes" for " Load Bootstrap css"

More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
This is off-topic to the converstation. I saw that my friend jhebbel has joined this site and is interested in Kunena for his discussion forum. Welcome, my friend.

A word of advice to you: K 5.0 beta is just that: it's beta software. If, as I suspect, you're investigating the viability of replacing Chronoforums as your forum software of choice, it might be advisable to use K 4.0 which is stable (and supported).

Returning to the discussion we are now having, I understand your concerns about using Kunena in your Joomla environment. Without going into specifics, yes, the Crypsis template (even with K 4.0) may not always adapt smoothly to everyone's site template.

More
7 years 9 months ago #7 by jhebbel
Implementing bootstrap worked perfectly!

sozzled wrote: This is off-topic to the converstation. I saw that my friend jhebbel has joined this site and is interested in Kunena for his discussion forum. Welcome, my friend.

A word of advice to you: K 5.0 beta is just that: it's beta software. If, as I suspect, you're investigating the viability of replacing Chronoforums as your forum software of choice, it might be advisable to use K 4.0 which is stable (and supported).

Returning to the discussion we are now having, I understand your concerns about using Kunena in your Joomla environment. Without going into specifics, yes, the Crypsis template (even with K 4.0) may not always adapt smoothly to everyone's site template.

Well hello! I have only fooled around with this for an hour or two, but already find it far superior and polished to Chrono. Looks as if Kunena will likely be our new forum. From what I read 5.0b5 is "stable" so from that I think its probibly better off than Chrono, and the leap from 5.0b5 to 5.0 final is likely smoother than 4.0 to 5.0.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled

jhebbel wrote: Implementing bootstrap worked perfectly!

Good to hear that B)

jhebbel wrote: From what I read 5.0b5 is "stable" ...

Sorry, I doubt it. I won't be trying K 5.0 until about 3 or 4 months after it the first production release has emerged; the beta version is for members of the community to trial, to experiment with.

jhebbel wrote: ... from that I think its probably better off than Chrono ...

Well, it is now :laugh:

jhebbel wrote: and the leap from 5.0b5 to 5.0 final is likely smoother than 4.0 to 5.0.

More likely, there will be a hair-breadth's difference between them.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #9 by jhebbel
I seem to have some missing/broken path images now.

Its lookinf for icon in the folder inputmapper.com/media/assets/images/ but I do nat have any such folder assets in media.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by jhebbel.

More
7 years 9 months ago #10 by jhebbel
For giggles, tried k4, same issues with the icons folder missing or path broken, with some additional funkyness happening in the menu. Guess it may be time for me to re-design my template in bootstrap, though ive never really liked bootstrap much.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.743 seconds