Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Problems with Image Attachments

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by paul123
We're encountering a couple of problems with uploading images to posts. The first one i've already detailed on github at github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/4123 . This relates to images not being rotated properly when taken on mobile devices based on EXIF data.

The other issue we have encountered, is with filenames of attachments uploaded from Apple devices. Thanks to Apple's wonderful habit of uploading every image with the filename image.jpg, images are renamed by Kunena after the first one. However, instead of renaming the images image1.jpg, image2.jpg, etc., the second image becomes image-2.jpg, then image-2-3.jpg, image-2-3-4.jpg, etc. One user on our forum has uploaded 85 images so far so the most recent one is called:

image-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45-46-47-48-49-50-51-52-53-54-55-56-57-58-59-60-61-62-63-64-65-66-67-68-69-70-71-72-73-74-75-76-77-78-79-80-81-82-83-84-85.jpeg

Naturally, this causes all sorts of problems with moving files, as the filename is too long to be used on any windows system. This really could do with being fixed so either then numbers increment in a more simple way, or even so images get a random string of characters added.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Problems with Image Attachments
1) I have looked at it, but I haven't got a working fix for the moment, we will fix it on the next releases.

2) This is a know apple bug. We can't change it, it will be have the same issues, if we do something else.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #3 by paul123
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. That's great news that the first bug is being looked at, I appreciate it.

With the second issue, surely it's the kunena forum that is adding the -2-3-4-5- etc to each filename isn't it? The images are all being uploaded as image.jpg (which is utterly stupid ass we know, but the odds of getting Apple to change anything are nil), and presumably it's Kunena that adds the suffix when it finds the filename already exists. Is there no way to make it add the suffixes differently? Or to make it generate a random string in the filename if it already exists?

Basically, we have forum members moaning that 'they don't have this problem on facebook' and saying they'll just post images there in future. I know it's a daft comparison, but this is what we have to deal with!!
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by paul123.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by 810
Maybe we will add a option on the config, to use random.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by 810
I just used browserstack, and I don't have this issue.

For me its like this:

1) image.jpg
2) image-2016-07-15.jpg
3) image-2016-07-15-2.jpg
4) image-2016-07-15-3.jpg
ect

Tested on apple 6s ios 9 safari and chrome

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #6 by WolfgangOWL

paul123 wrote: We're encountering a couple of problems with uploading images to posts. The first one i've already detailed on github at github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/4123 . This relates to images not being rotated properly when taken on mobile devices based on EXIF data.

I started a topic regarding image orientation on upload 8 month ago:
Image orientation on upload

Our forum members complained that uploaded images were displayed in the wrong orientation when uploaded from mobile devices. So I created this fix, patch, hack or whatever you want to call it which uses the EXIF information for image rotation in upload.php.

If you can't make the changes yourself I have two versions of upload.php: one for Kunena 4.06 (should also work with K 4.11) and one for K 5.0 RC4
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by WolfgangOWL.

More
7 years 9 months ago #7 by xillibit
I didn't remember that you had posted some code for that, i will take a look of your code and i will integrate it in Kunena after testing it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8 by WolfgangOWL
Is there a chance image rotation on upload will be available in Kunena 5.0 stable? For anyone who wants to test it I have attached a modified upload.php (K 5.0 RC5) together with some test images.
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #9 by 810
thnx, will do a pr.

And merged...
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by 810.

More
7 years 8 months ago #10 by 810
@WolfgangOWL I have also added flip now, so all orientation are now working, please test if ok:

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/4182

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds