Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question User getting "Message Body is Empty" when posting a pasted message

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by GJSchaller
A user on my Kunena forums (4.0.11) is getting an error message when making a post that she has copied & pasted from a word processor. The error is:

Error
Cannot save message: Message body is empty!

I can repeat the error when I take the same document, and copy & paste it on my end. We can both post normally when we type up a message. The error persists even when you edit the text, after pasting. I'll attempt to post the message below, or attach a TXT file with the contents of the message if I cannot.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by GJSchaller
The following are my notes on topics discussed at the conclave gathering during the extended feast, year 1216. Any looking for deeper detail can seek out myself or the heirophant. Also keep in mind, we will hold a meeting at the June feast at four bells in the afternoon, Saturday, in the gully clearing by the inn.

-A stone was found, and presented by Dominick. This stone was supposedly involved in the destruction of an ancient grove, called the Cauldron of Feth. This grove was destroyed by a dark order called the Dark Path. It is speculated that the Cauldron of Feth contained a Mallorne tree.

-Gunnar is currently monitoring the health of various lands, and distributing care packages of alchemy.

-On the matter of Buckles, the mortal hunter: Kleiden explained that his very presence is spreading blight, and she fears that this may indicate a rise in Fallow's strength. It is worth noting that this blight is easily cured once Buckles is no longer in a region, but that he is a focused center of blight, which at the time appears unfixable. Keavy also spoke that she attacked him. He was unharmed, healing himself by taking from the land around him. It can be inferred that harming him really only harms Arawyn because he siphons the land's energy to heal himself.

-Trisana shared highlights from the nobles meeting. Most of these were regarding the Arcanum, which may or may not have been dispatched after the last feast. The baron also announced that knights are to follow barons' orders, and lands should reconsider knights who prioritize their motives over their duty.

-Typhon has been making scourge dolls for the barony.

-O. Nesterin told that Cade Tanwyn was kidnapped from the proper by dark faerie - information was taken from him by the faerie(s), whose plan may harm the town. Whether their intent is to harm the town is unclear, but it is likely that they will harm it whether they mean to or not. If faeries are spotted, speak to the guard about any sightings, and do your best to avoid them. To learn more about fey or faeries, Dimetri or Caelvan are willing and able to teach. O. Nesterin would appreciate learning any other information on the situation, if anyone has any more knowledge to offer.

-Barrack Tellinghast is looking to find Maiden Circle gold.

-Caldor reports that Arawyn seems satisfied with our care and attention, that we are doing well and should keep it up.

If anybody feels that I have left out any details, or possibly misrepresented any happenings, please send me a missive so that I may correct myself. I am rather new to this note taking concept and while I think I did a good job, I'm certain there is always room for improvement. If I misspelled anybody's name, I am personally so, so sorry, again please let me know if that is the case. Also, I would like to remind everyone that they are welcome to bring concerns to me, in case there is anything they would like us to look into as a conclave; I will be starting a book full of notes, and plan to keep a section for requests and the like. If there is any way I can do my job better, please let me know! I hope you are all safe and healthy, and am excited to see you all soon.

Tris

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #3 by GJSchaller
OK, so I can post it here... but not on my own forums. Weird...

Issue persists on both PHP 5.6.22 and 7.0.7

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by GJSchaller.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by GJSchaller
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : bootstruct | author: Matt Thomas | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: August 19, 2014

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.11 | creationdate: 2016-06-05

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.11 | 2016-06-05 [ Barcelona ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.0.14 | UddeIM 3.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.1.2

Modules: Kunena Login 3.1.2

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by GJSchaller
Even with the Filtering off for all user groups, the error occurs.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by xillibit
When you copye&paste from word the text has html copies with him, so i think when you submit the message everything is removed

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #7 by GJSchaller
OK, so I figured out the trigger - in the line:

-Trisana shared highlights from the nobles meeting. Most of these were regarding the Arcanum, which may or may not have been dispatched after the last feast. The baron also announced that knights are to follow barons' orders, and lands should reconsider knights who prioritize their motives over their duty.

The ' in "barons' orders" was causing the issue. My question now is... why can I post here, but not on my own forums?

Character set? DB setting of some sort? This is an older site upgraded from the Joomla 1.5 days, if that matters.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by GJSchaller.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with K 4.0, Geoff. I'm not sure about copying and pasting from MS Word documents into Kunena. Historically I've always had problems with that approach and I usually opt to go instead from MS Word -> Notepad -> Kunena.

Why do things work here and not on your site? That's the mystery. Are you using K 4.0.11 Blue Eagle (no frills) on J! 2.5.28? Maybe your answer lies there? If something works in one place but not in another, one has to look at the differences in operating environments. I sorry but I can't help you answer that, mate.

EDIT: As an after-thought, it could be related to the character set or collation type.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
7 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled
*** Possibly off-topic ***

I was browsing through the topics in the Joomla forum today and I came across a discussion about copying/pasting from MS Word into Joomla articles. It appears there's something odd about J! 3.5 that will be addressed in J! 3.6.

As I indicated, this discovery may have nothing to do with GJSchaller's problem with Kunena and it may not even be a clue why his problem cannot be reproduced on this website, but it may be indicative of a broader underlying matter.

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds