Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Category names missing in Crypsis (Recent Topics view)

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by sozzled
I'm surprised no-one has detected this yet.

Look at the following screenshot that shows a number of topics posted in different categories on a forum:

As you will see, on the Blue Eagle template, the category names are displayed. On the Crypsis template, the category names are missing.

In a busy forum, where it's important to understand the subject of a topic in its proper context (i.e. which category was it posted to), it's actually quite important to see the category name on the recent topics view. This is a problem with K 4.0 (and it may be a reason why people choose the Blue Eagle template instead of the Crypsis one).

Can this matter please be investigated and resolved before the release of K 5.0, please?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #2 by Josh
This is a valid concern.

The best compromise on this would be to have a menu item option for this (rather than a configuration option to reduce clutter). I personally look in categories for the newest posts when looking for something specific (e.g. For Sale).
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Josh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
Thank you for your concern, Josh. I wonder why the developers haven't considered it. We shall see. Will it be fixed in K 4.0? That's a completely different question. :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds