Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Panic - users getting moderator messages and access controls not working

More
8 years 4 months ago #11 by 810
Ok, then you need to fix the permissions.

For normal users, it should be disabled. But I think you allow them.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #12 by wibbleypants
Like I already said, nobody apart from admin has any access. And now it's even locked out the admins. You don't believe me, but it's true.

The real question here has to be, how can I upgrade from this bad version to a newer one without having to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

More
8 years 4 months ago #13 by 810
Kunena uses Joomla ACL, so you have a wrong setting somewhere. You can change the permission on the global settings, or on the permissions on Kunena.

See also:
www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...vileges?limitstart=0

More
8 years 4 months ago #14 by wibbleypants
Why won't you believe me? I've been through all that and nobody apart from admin and SU have *any* access. And now even admin has no access.

I think I need to upgrade to a better version. If somebody knows how I can do this, can they please let me know.

Thanks.

More
8 years 4 months ago #15 by 810
I believe you, that's not the point what I was making. But this issue, you get by 2 things.

1) That all users are on an admin group
2) Or by mistake my changing the usergroup permission, doesn't mean that users can login on the backend.

Whats the error message that you have, when you login on the backend with the admin account.

If you can't login anymore, then you need to go to your database -> *_user_usergroup_map and change the group_id by the admin id, to "8" (8 = super admin by default)

More
8 years 4 months ago #16 by 810
You can update kunena:

Backend -> extensions -> update -> clear cache -> find updates

Or by downloading the package, then install it by the joomla installer.

More
8 years 4 months ago #17 by wibbleypants
Not all users. Authors and editors. But when I removed one of the users from the authors group, the others also ceased to be admins in Kunena. Also, the actual admins also lost access. I can still access the backend without problem - it's only Kunena that's affected. And of course, I can use my SU account to access everything.

More
8 years 4 months ago #18 by wibbleypants
It says no updates available for Kunena. Doing it manually I suspect I have to start from scratch, or no? Can I "update" from a package without having to recreate everything?

More
8 years 4 months ago #19 by 810
You can run the package, it will update the code, No need to do redo everything.

More
8 years 4 months ago #20 by 810
Also update Joomla to J2.5.28 or to J3.4.5

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds