Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question 'Mark all topics read' button doesnt work to remove green (new) indicators and mark forum as read.

More
8 years 5 months ago #11 by sozzled

nov33 wrote: I also have an issue with the followin plugin interfering with post preview function....

System - NoNumber Advanced Module Manager

It is making the post Preview not function, nothing shows up in it. Ive done some searches but couldnt find this plugin causing it.

Ive turned all plug ins off and turned them on one by one, refreshed the forum reply page every time, and tracked it down, it is the above plug in making the preview not work.

Has anyone heard of this issue with NoNumber?

This is a different problem. I have not heard of a [Kunena message preview] problem with the Advanced Module Manager from Nonumber, sorry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #12 by nov33
I tried with many different browsers, plus we have a number of users and they all had the same issue.

I figured that was the database, i tried copying it over from the test site and it was still the same.

Anyway turns out that my test site didnt have this issue and the live site (a copy of the test site using akeeba) did.

I think something got corrupted in the backup.

I switched my live site to the test site by swapping domain names (test site was on a seperate cpanel, i have a reseller account) and both issues went away.

Perhaps if someone ever has the same issues they will find this and read what happened to me.

I can only put the issue down to the backup being corrupted slightly somehow, as my live site with the issues was a copy of the test site. Perhaps due to a poor connection on my end when dl and upload the backup file.

regards.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #13 by nov33

sozzled wrote: This is a different problem. I have not heard of a [Kunena message preview] problem with the Advanced Module Manager from Nonumber, sorry.

My backup must have got corrupted somehow. I built up a new test site on the side and when it was finished i backed it up with akeeba, uploaded to a new cpanel account and it shouldve been a perfect copy of the test site, but something didnt work out. And both sites were hosted with the same host, inside the same reseller account, the cpanel/hosting had the same settings for both sites.

But disabling no number advanced module manager did make the preview work on the site i had the issue with. :lol: (disabling it didnt fix the Mark forums read function)

Though its a must have for me so it wasnt close to a solution.

I did make a thread at the nonumber forum and someone else repiled and said they had the same issue... i will post what happened to me over there.

www.nonumber.nl/forum/advancedmodulemana...-plug-in-is-on#50919

Anyway problem solved now as i made my test site the live site... i will experiment with backing the one thats working correctly up again when i can to make sure what happened was a one off.

Ive never had an issue with backups before so hopefully its just one of those (rare) things.

regards and thanks everyone. B)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by nov33.

More
8 years 5 months ago #14 by nov33

sozzled wrote: I'm not 100% sure I know the answer but I'm guessing that you have enabled Joomla Site Caching —you may experience a different outcome if you disable site caching—and also different values between the Joomla session limit and the Kunena session limit.

• Global Configuration » Session Settings » Session Lifetime

• Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime (should be set to the same length of time as the Joomla session lifetime)

I played around with all of this yes, didnt make a difference. Turned joomla site caching off, changed the session times on both to different times, same times but different to what i previously had, all kinds of things.

The 'fix' was ultimately something else as ive written.

regards.

More
8 years 5 months ago #15 by sozzled

nov33 wrote: But disabling no number advanced module manager did make the preview work. :lol: (it didnt fix the Mark forums read function)

As I wrote, [the message preview issue] is a different problem to the new message indicator issue.

nov33 wrote: I did make a thread at the nonumber forum and someone else repiled and said they had the same issue... i will post what happened to me over there.

It will be interesting to hear the outcome of that other discussion. The best place to post that information is in the Kunena and other Joomla extensions and give your topic a meaningful subject like "Message preview and Advanced Module Manager from Nonumber". B)

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #16 by sozzled

nov33 wrote: I played around with all of this yes, didnt make a difference. Turned joomla site caching off, changed the session times on both to different times, same times but different to what i previously had, all kinds of things.

The 'fix' was ultimately something else as ive written.

As I wrote earlier, I was guessing. I always make sure that these two values (one is in minutes, the other is in seconds) are the same.

I am pleased to hear that you think you have resolved the matter.

As it turns out, this is probably not a defect with K 4.0 but we can never be sure until we have explored all the possibilities. ;)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 5 months ago #17 by nov33

sozzled wrote:

nov33 wrote: But disabling no number advanced module manager did make the preview work. :lol: (it didnt fix the Mark forums read function)

As I wrote, [the message preview issue] is a different problem to the new message indicator issue.

nov33 wrote: I did make a thread at the nonumber forum and someone else repiled and said they had the same issue... i will post what happened to me over there.

It will be interesting to hear the outcome of that other discussion. The best place to post that information is in the Kunena and other Joomla extensions and give your topic a meaningful subject like "Message preview and Advanced Module Manager from Nonumber". B)

Ok, thankyou. I will follow up with that yes.

This support forum and everyones assistance has been invaluable to me, and if this has happened to me (and one other that we know of now) then perhaps it can help others find a solution if the issue arises again.

regards and thanks.

More
8 years 5 months ago #18 by nov33

sozzled wrote: I am pleased to hear that you think you have resolved the matter.

As it turns out, this is probably not a defect with K 4.0 but we can never be sure until we have explored all the possibilities. ;)

Given that its working for me on my test site (now the live site) with all of the exact same plug ins etc etc i am leaning towards the backup i made being off somehow at this point.

I did/do have a slow connection which makes 300 odd MB jpa backup files laboriously slow to download and upload, perhaps that caused a glitch this time.

More
8 years 4 months ago #19 by nov33

sozzled wrote: It will be interesting to hear the outcome of that other discussion. The best place to post that information is in the Kunena and other Joomla extensions and give your topic a meaningful subject like "Message preview and Advanced Module Manager from Nonumber". B)

The thread never really went anywhere, I posted that my issue was resolved (its still resolved, forum is working perfectly) , and the other person with the issue dropped it, so there isnt much for me to post about, other than perhaps repeat what Akeebas creator says about untested backups. :laugh:

Here is the last response on the nonumber site

www.nonumber.nl/forum/advancedmodulemana...-plug-in-is-on#50947

regards.

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds