Kunena 6.3.1 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.1 [K 6.3.1] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question ck editor language

• Pinkeltje
  • Pinkeltje's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Trying to find an answer before asking
More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #21 by Pinkeltje
Replied by Pinkeltje on topic ck editor language
I will check tomorrow, but it doesn't make sense to me. First of all I have disabled Frontend User Parameters on our forum. So all users have setting "use default" which is the most logical setting in my opinion.
If language should be set in profile I should run a query to change all
11718 user settings.
Furtermore I should enable Frontend User Parameters and tell new users to change their frontend language.
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Pinkeltje.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #22 by rich
Replied by rich on topic ck editor language
This has nothing to do with the profile settings, it would not change the language in CKEditor.
Most website owners use their own language for their website and want to have it in CKEditor as well. Since the corresponding language file is hard to find on the CKEditor site, xillibit has written this fix. It enables website operators to use their own language in the editor without having to search for a long time.
All it takes is an entry in customckeditor_config.js such as CKEDITOR.lang.languages={"en":1, "fr":1}, as this additional language script (in this case fr.js) is already included in the editor's language folder once the Kunena language pack has been installed.
The CKEditor language is browser-dependent. All users whose browser language is French will see the editor in this language. So basically only French-speaking people. Everyone else will see it in English, unless several languages are installed in Joomla and the code has been edited in the customckeditor_config.js, e.g. CKEDITOR.lang.languages={"en":1, "fr":1, "de":1, "it":1}. Then people from these countries will also see the editor in their language.
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by rich.

• Pinkeltje
  • Premium Member
More
4 months 1 week ago #23 by Pinkeltje
Thx! Profile settings might have been a misunderstanding. Tested now by reverting back to Kunena 6.2.3. Created customeditor_config.js file but didn't add the nl.js. Then updated with package provided by xillibit and it works!

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #24 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic ck editor language
What i mean by profile settings it's the user settings defined in Joomla!, so if the user choose a specific language Kunena will load the language file corresponding for Ckeditor. But if in the user settings for hte language it's still on default Kunena won't load anything. I will look to improve it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by xillibit.

• Pinkeltje
  • Premium Member
More
4 months 1 week ago #25 by Pinkeltje
So it was not a misunderstanding. Tested again by removing custom from BBCode settings. No buttons in editor. Then set nl-NL in my profile and everything works as expected. I don't mind making a custom config for CKEditor, but it would be indeed user friendly to have it respond to default language.

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #26 by rich
Replied by rich on topic ck editor language
I have now tested again. In principle, everything would work automatically without customckeditor_config.js if the Joomla standard language was recognized by the editor.

But there is another problem (with or without the customckeditor_config file). There are Joomla and Kunena translations for many countries, but there are not all translations for the CKEditor (tested with Japanese language). So the CKEditor would have to be forced to fall back to the English language in such cases, otherwise the editor would not be loaded in many countries. Internationally, currently this new function only works for a certain number of countries and would cause problems in many other countries.
In my opinion, it is still the best solution if a website operator downloads the language file (if available) himself and enters his language in the customckeditor_config file.
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by rich.

More
4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 5 days ago #27 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic ck editor language
I have made a change, if the user has keep as default for his settings on language, it get the default language from Joomla! and if it's different from en-GB it load the language corresponding for ckeditor : update.kunena.org/nightlybuilds/pkg_kune...4-DEV_2024-01-21.zip and update.kunena.org/nightlybuilds/pkg_kune...4-DEV_2024-01-21.zip

But there is another problem (with or without the customckeditor_config file). There are Joomla and Kunena translations for many countries, but there are not all translations for the CKEditor (tested with Japanese language). So the CKEditor would have to be forced to fall back to the English language in such cases, otherwise the editor would not be loaded in many countries. Internationally, currently this new function only works for a certain number of countries and would cause problems in many other countries.
In my opinion, it is still the best solution if a website operator downloads the language file (if available) himself and enters his language in the customckeditor_config file.

I had missed to add the language file for japanese (ja-JP) now it's fixed

So it was not a misunderstanding. Tested again by removing custom from BBCode settings. No buttons in editor. Then set nl-NL in my profile and everything works as expected. I don't mind making a custom config for CKEditor, but it would be indeed user friendly to have it respond to default language.

If you use custom configuration file for ckeditor, you need to copy the default configuration file and then the apply your changes on it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 4 months 5 days ago by xillibit.

• Pinkeltje
  • Premium Member
More
4 months 5 days ago #28 by Pinkeltje
Test successful! For me no need to change custom config because I only added the language config, so it works now with the changes you made in ckeditor_config.js.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xillibit

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds