Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Kunena 6.0.2 all emoticons not working

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #1 by erikb
Emoticons on my site don't work with Kunena 6.0.2. They give a 404 error when looking in the developer options > network. I am using a simple HTML custom-made template for my homepage, early 2000 programming. For Kunena I am using the default Aurelia template. This is how it looks. It seems to be accessing the emoticons on the root of my custom-made template and I guess that is the problem.

Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by erikb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2 by rich

They give a 404 error when looking in the developer options > network.

You should also see the path to the folder when you hover your mouse over it. Check this folder to see if the smilies are there.

More
1 year 7 months ago #3 by erikb
They are not. I thought Kunena comes with some preinstalled/ in the correct directory. As far as I see it wants in the root of my media folder. the path is 't want to clutter my root folder with a lot of smilies?

More
1 year 7 months ago #4 by rich
In the case of a migration, the smilies are taken over from K 5.1 or K 5.2 and in the case of a new installation of Kunena, one must install the sample data in order to obtain the smilies.
docs.kunena.org/en/basics/installation/installation-k6-0
docs.kunena.org/en/basics/upgrade/upgrade-k6-0

More
1 year 7 months ago #5 by erikb
Thank you, didn't see that, but I don't have the Kunena Sample Data option listed. Uner manage it's enabled. 

More
1 year 7 months ago #6 by rich
This is just the plugin so you can install the sample data. Here you can see how to install them: docs.kunena.org/en/basics/installation/i...#install-sample-data

More
1 year 7 months ago #7 by erikb
I understand, but I don't see that option or if it's installed them the emotions are still not working 

More
1 year 7 months ago #8 by rich
Which editor are you using? If it's the SCeditor, smilies won't work with it. This editor is not yet fully integrated.
If you go to Kunena Dashboard -> Emoticons in the backend, are smilies available there?

More
1 year 7 months ago #9 by erikb
I am not quite sure which editor is currently being used. I know I didn't touch editor configuration either in Joomla or Kunena. The emoticons folder is empty.

More
1 year 7 months ago #10 by rich
The default setting is the CKeditor. You can see the selected editor by clicking on Aurelia -> BBcode tab.
The default path for the smilies is /media/kunena/emoticons/

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds