Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Profile information does not save

More
1 year 9 months ago #1 by agentwright007
Since I added a Let's Encrypt SSL cert through Certbot I've been unable to save any profile changes to user profiles on the front end. Signatures, avatars, Gender, etc. None of that will save. I'm not sure if this is new to 6.0 or if it was happening in older releases.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload:

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : cassiopeia | author: Joomla! Project | version: 1.0 | creationdate: February 2017

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.0.0 | creationdate: 2022-06-10

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 6.0.0-GIT | 2022-06-10 [ Git Repository ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #2 by rich
I'm surprised your forum is working at all. Kunena needs an intact Kunena menu to work properly. Restore the Kunena menu and correct or delete your incorrectly created Kunena menu items in the main menu. 
Menu Issues  
Menu Tips
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by rich.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #3 by agentwright007
I can't even restore the menu because I get an error doing so. See attachment.

I'm new to Kunena, so I'm not surprised I'm doing something wrong. I do have a Kunena menu that I haven't touched, it just isn't displayed anywhere on my site. I instead used a menu item from the Main Menu and pointed it to a Kunena Menu Item. I'm not sure what the proper way to set the Kunena menu up is.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by agentwright007.

More
1 year 9 months ago #4 by rich
This error comes from the Kunena menu item "User profile" in the main menu.
But also the other two menu items "Directory" and "Home" in the main menu must be removed.
Then remove the menu items from the trash and empty the cache. Afterwards, restore the Kunena menu.

More
1 year 9 months ago #5 by Vorberge
Hmmm, after deleting of these menu items and restore, there is no menu anyway - can not open menu.
There is no effect, when I klick the arrow.
Any idea anymore?

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 1024M | Max file upload:

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : shaper_helixultimate | author: | version: 2.0.9 | creationdate: Feb 2018

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.0.0 | creationdate: 2022-06-10

Kunena template params:

Modules: Kunena Latest 6.0.0-BETA2

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #6 by Leen
@Vorberge
did you restore kunena in the Kunena: Tools menu ?
And if so, have you enabled the latest forum menu in your main menu.
ps
You use shaper_helixultimate as joomla template there is often a problem with that then some menu items are no longer clickable so if this occurs on the front try the default joomla4 template firs

L.v.d.A
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Leen.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #7 by agentwright007
Ok, I think I've done what you said and here's the new report. I did still get that error, but the Kunena menu was restored. Also, are you saying that Kunena menu items have to stay in the Kunena menu and can never be added to the main menu in order to function properly?

Even after doing that I'm still not able to save anything to the profile.

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload:

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : cassiopeia | author: Joomla! Project | version: 1.0 | creationdate: February 2017

Kunena template params:

Modules: None

More
1 year 9 months ago #8 by Leen
You write "Since I added a Let's Encrypt SSL cert through Certbot " that the problem occurs.
Was it okay for that time?
And with which hoster is the website hosted, is the certificate supported there?
Certbot suport hosters

L.v.d.A

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #9 by agentwright007
Yes, but there were actually two things that happened. I pointed my domain to the website, then created the SSL certificate. Before doing those two things, adding information and avatars to user profiles worked. I'm hosting this on Linode, and while Linode says they have support for Certbot, I do not see them on the list you provided.

More
1 year 9 months ago #10 by rich
It is quite possible that the error occurred in this context. Incorrectly created menu items do not always become apparent immediately. But whether the certificate causes an error can only be said when the menus are created correctly. This is still not the case.

What happened to this (red marked) menu item? This menu item has no target. It is the parent menu item so that the Kunena menu works at all. By default, the target "Recent Topics" is selected, but any other subordinate Kunena menu item like "Index" can be selected as landing page.

Furthermore, I don't see the menu item Profiles. If you removed this, you can't edit the profile information.

Also, are you saying that Kunena menu items have to stay in the Kunena menu and can never be added to the main menu in order to function properly?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Links of other menus, which are linked to the forum, must be Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias 
Menu Issues  

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds