Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 5.2.6 Email Notification Error

More
2 years 2 months ago #11 by jarekm
Thanks for that, yes it works with E-mail to Multiple Recipients = 0, however, this is not an optimal solution because each post to the forum, on this particular website, will generate 100+ email messages, and I am sure that sooner or later this will exceed the number per hour emails set by service provider.
The real issue is why having a higher value as E-mail to Multiple Recipients causes an issue? Is the problem with Kunena or something else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #12 by Leen
I have no idea what the more value is of send to multiple recipients.
On my own and also another forum where I also keep up with Kunena as co-administrator,
I have never entered anything there I also had no problems sending too many emails.
Therefore the question to test with the value 0 .
But maybe someone else on this forum knows what the use is of this institution

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 2 months ago #13 by jarekm
Yes, it works with value 0, but my question is, why does having a value other than 0 cause an error.  Is it a Kunena bug or something else?  I have been running Kunana with value 10 for years and have never had any problem until early Feb when it stopped working.

Is there someone out there that could test it on another Kunena installation, because if it is a Kunena bug, it should be fixed!

More
2 years 2 months ago #14 by Leen
I just tested it on my own forum Email to Multiple Recipients at 10
Visible Email Recipient = with different email addresses like hotmail gmail etc go well
so check again if there is no mistake in your e-mail address
or test with a different e-mail address entered there

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 2 months ago #15 by jarekm
Thanks for that, but actually the problem is elsewhere, it is related to the 'E-mail Recipient Privacy' parameter, if it is set to 'Hide Other Recipients (BBC)', it only works with E-mail to Multiple Recipients = 0, however, if 'E-mail Recipient Privacy' is set to 'Display all Recipients (TO)', 'E-mail to Multiple Recipients' can be set to any value and the messages are still sent.

Could you please test the above scenario?

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #16 by Leen
Test done and for me it only works with set to 'Hide Other Recipients (BBC) = 0 or 10 etc
all with all other settings nothing comes to my alternative e-mail address that is entered there
ps
if I test existing user's E-mail address then the Display all Recipients (TO) works for me.

L.v.d.A
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Leen. Reason: nog een testje gedaan en wat bij gevoegd na het berichtje van rich

More
2 years 2 months ago #17 by rich
I'm not sure, but I have found in my testing that this can be the case if the email address entered is the same as the one a user has in their profile. Is it possible, that your email address in your profile is the same as you've entered in the email field?
Try it with another email address in this field. 

More
2 years 2 months ago #18 by jarekm
Thanks, I think it confirms that there is a problem, something that worked before no longer works, I am not sure if it is a Kunena bug or some cross-impact from other components, one way or another, I believe it should be fixed.
How do we make the Kunana developers to take it up as a task for the next release?

More
2 years 2 months ago #19 by rich

I am not sure if it is a Kunena bug or some cross-impact from other components

There are no extensions installed on my test pages, so I will create a bug ticket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jarekm

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds