Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [BUG] Full names are being displayed instead of usernames

More
2 years 3 months ago #11 by rich
Example: If you disable JomSocial profiles in the Kunena - JomSocial Integration plugin, Kunena will use its own profiles. Then go to JomSocial and check their profiles. At least this way, you could find out if Kunena has influence on the profiles in JomSocial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #12 by Kotsolis
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Kotsolis.

More
2 years 3 months ago #13 by Kotsolis
This is the Forum with those 3 options enabled.Kunena - Kunena Integration   /  Kunena - Joomla Integration  /  Kunena - JomSocial
Integration

And this is the Forum with the "Kunena - JomSocial Integration" disabled. 

As you see in the screenshot, the usernames are displayed as they should (not full names), but the avatars of the users are not being displayed because I disabled the Kunena plugin.

What else do you want me to test so that you can see that there is a problem from the last version?
It's clearly a bug. Kunena / Configuration / Users / Display Username is set to "Yes" so only the usernames should be displayed. This bug started when I updated to Kunena latest version so you need to fix it. We have spent so many weeks discussing the issue already.

My users are complaining because they don't want their real names to be shown.

More
2 years 3 months ago #14 by rich
You want to display both names in JoomSocial and only the username in Kunena. Is that correct?
This only works with these settings:
Plugin Kunena - JomSocial Integration - disable JomSocial Profile
Plugin Kunena - Kunena Integration - enable Kunena Profile

More
2 years 2 months ago #15 by Kotsolis
I already explained all the possible situations here! But I will explain them, in 1 post with screeenshot for everything.

Before your last Kunena update, this button was working. We did not have to enable or disable anything! All the users were being displayed with their usernames and not their full names!

After your last Kunena update, you are telling me to enable or disable plugins. This is wrong. This will cause problem with either the full names or the avatars!

Jomsocial-disabled-Kunena-Integration-Avatars-Yes . Users have blank avatars and I won't tell them to re-upload them in Kunena Forum!
The integration with JomSocial was working before the last update.

Jomsocial-enabled. Again I see Full Names.

Jomsocial-disabled-Kunena-Integration-Avatars-No. No images are being displayed.

So once again, you need to fix this in order to work.

It was working before the last update. I did not have to enable or disable any Plugin. It was just working.

More
2 years 2 months ago #16 by rich

If you use the JomSocial integration for profiles and avatars, these user settings in Kunena are overridden, because these settings are taken from JomSocial. It will display exactly what you have set in JomSocial, and that is correct. 
If both names are displayed in JomSocial, both names are also displayed in Kunena. If this was not the case before, then this was a bug in the previous versions.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago - 2 years 3 weeks ago #17 by Kotsolis
Kunena/Config / Display User Name is -> Yes

Still the usernames are not being displayed -> www.Gameworld.gr/Forum

3 months have passed. Have you fixed this bug so that I can update to the new version?
Different display (username or full name) in Kunena .
Different display (username or full name) when I open an article or I see Joscomments in my articles .

This is how it worked for 2-3 years now. Did you fix it in the new version? I ask so that I would pay a developer once again to fix it.
If you haven't fixed it then tell me when you are available so that I can pay a donation fix because the period is huge, the complains are huge too. I have 50.000 registered users.
Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Kotsolis.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #18 by xillibit
You need set in Jomsocial configuration for the following setting what you want to display, when jomsocial plugin integration in enbled in Kunena it's this setting that you need to change :

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 year 10 months ago #19 by Kotsolis
It is already like this!

That is what I am trying to explain you. I did not change anything! Suddently, one day, it stopped working.

For years now, all users where seeing their real names only inside their JomSocial profiles.
But in Kunena they were always seeing their usernames.

Since the error first occured, they see their usernames in Kunena forum all the time. And I didn't change anything in the code.

Attachments:

More
1 year 10 months ago #20 by Kotsolis
What is going on here?

Every 1-2 months I ask for the solution in this bug! The bug was caused after an upgrade of yours!

Almost 6 months have passed and you still haven't fixed it !

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds