Kunena 5.2.8 released and Blue eagle 1.6.7 released (02 Jan 2022)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.8 [K 5.2.8] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.10/3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of previous version of K5.2.

If you are using blue template you need to update to 1.6.7 version to ensure to have a compatible version with K5.2.8.

Important note: (07 Jan 2022) If you have created a Kunena custom.css, create a backup of it. Due to an error, this file will be deleted during an upgrade.

Question [BUG] Full names are being displayed instead of usernames

More
1 week 5 days ago #11 by rich
Example: If you disable JomSocial profiles in the Kunena - JomSocial Integration plugin, Kunena will use its own profiles. Then go to JomSocial and check their profiles. At least this way, you could find out if Kunena has influence on the profiles in JomSocial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #12 by Kotsolis
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Kotsolis.

More
1 week 5 days ago #13 by Kotsolis
This is the Forum with those 3 options enabled.Kunena - Kunena Integration   /  Kunena - Joomla Integration  /  Kunena - JomSocial
Integration

And this is the Forum with the "Kunena - JomSocial Integration" disabled. 

As you see in the screenshot, the usernames are displayed as they should (not full names), but the avatars of the users are not being displayed because I disabled the Kunena plugin.

What else do you want me to test so that you can see that there is a problem from the last version?
It's clearly a bug. Kunena / Configuration / Users / Display Username is set to "Yes" so only the usernames should be displayed. This bug started when I updated to Kunena latest version so you need to fix it. We have spent so many weeks discussing the issue already.

My users are complaining because they don't want their real names to be shown.
Attachments:

More
1 week 3 days ago #14 by rich
You want to display both names in JoomSocial and only the username in Kunena. Is that correct?
This only works with these settings:
Plugin Kunena - JomSocial Integration - disable JomSocial Profile
Plugin Kunena - Kunena Integration - enable Kunena Profile

More
1 week 13 hours ago #15 by Kotsolis
I already explained all the possible situations here! But I will explain them, in 1 post with screeenshot for everything.

Before your last Kunena update, this button was working. We did not have to enable or disable anything! All the users were being displayed with their usernames and not their full names!

After your last Kunena update, you are telling me to enable or disable plugins. This is wrong. This will cause problem with either the full names or the avatars!

Jomsocial-disabled-Kunena-Integration-Avatars-Yes . Users have blank avatars and I won't tell them to re-upload them in Kunena Forum!
The integration with JomSocial was working before the last update.

Jomsocial-enabled. Again I see Full Names.

Jomsocial-disabled-Kunena-Integration-Avatars-No. No images are being displayed.

So once again, you need to fix this in order to work.

It was working before the last update. I did not have to enable or disable any Plugin. It was just working.
Attachments:

More
1 week 8 hours ago #16 by rich

If you use the JomSocial integration for profiles and avatars, these user settings in Kunena are overridden, because these settings are taken from JomSocial. It will display exactly what you have set in JomSocial, and that is correct. 
If both names are displayed in JomSocial, both names are also displayed in Kunena. If this was not the case before, then this was a bug in the previous versions.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 1.015 seconds