Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Bug in [code]...[/code] parser

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #1 by joomlaworks
After upgrading to the latest release of Kunena just a few days ago, it seems that the parser for code is broken upon saving a post.

- This is the source post (in .txt format):  jmp.sh/JLF5uWQ
- The result is this (before editing to see the mismatched tags):  jmp.sh/4NUxxcQ
- A screenshot of what is saved after editing a post with code (see the mismatched tags stacked at the end):  jmp.sh/Zc8yeVh

Another example:  www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/61866-di...category-view#178961

I'm using the "Crypsis" template (up to date) with 4-5 minor modifications (as template overrides) which basically fetch messages or show some banner/module on specific categories. Nothing that modifies the content in any way. The result even with the stock "Crypsis" template (=no overrides) is the same.

Are you aware of this issue?
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by joomlaworks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2 by joomlaworks
An update... If I force the editor in /templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html/com_kunena/layouts/topic/edit/default.php from "->setLayout('ckeditor')" to "->setLayout('bbcode')" (from /templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html/com_kunena/layouts/widget/editor/bbcode.php) then at least the code blocks are saved with the right order. However the output is still broken (wrong parsing) after saved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 9themestore

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Bug in [code]...[/code] parser
Yes, we know this error, but it has nothing to do with the template. Unfortunately, we don't have found a solution yet. As soon as you switch between normal and source mode, the code is broken. I always put the code at last before submit the message (or don't switch between the mode), then it works.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by rich.

More
2 years 9 months ago #4 by joomlaworks
I have put up a message informing our users, so any new entries are not an issue for now.

The problem is that code parsing breaks for existing posts/threads (before the upgrade). As if the regex fails and HTML breaks because of some unclosed tag.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Bug in [code]...[/code] parser
this is not only with the code tags, but I think with all tags. already reported my self the list tag, nut just ran into an issue where i tried to edit a user post that had an url tag.... same issue there, the closing tag is added to the end of the post instead of to the end of the url...
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/8166

sharing = caring

More
2 years 8 months ago #6 by joomlaworks
As I mentioned above, even without CKEditor, the saved data is not properly parsed in the frontend. In other words, at least for the code blocks, the regex fails to parse them properly.
This thread www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/61866-di...vel-in-category-view was edited more than a month ago. Kunena was updated a few days ago.

More
2 years 8 months ago #7 by joomlaworks
Since I don't see any progress on this, is it safe to install the previous version on top of the latest one?

More
2 years 8 months ago #8 by ruud
Hi this is already fixed with this PR: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/8202
running it myself in production: it is basically a one file replacement.
PR will be part of next Kunena release.
Hope this helps!

sharing = caring
The following user(s) said Thank You: purezen

More
2 years 8 months ago #9 by purezen
I have just added the new code to my site and can confirm it fixes the problem!
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/8202/files

I was tearing my non-existent hair out for months with this bug.
I use a lot of [bold] on my forum to highlight important instructions, but every time I tried to edit a post, it completely exploded the page into a giant mess.
Thank you to the people who have fixed the problem.

More
2 years 8 months ago #10 by ruud

I was tearing my non-existent hair out for months with this bug.

looks like playing the air guitar? #lol

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds