Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [BUG] Splitting topics: We can't change the topic title in the new forum topic

More
2 years 11 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
Related to:
www.kunena.org/forum/k-5-2-support-archive/161377

Please merge this topic that we talk right now and the old topic and bring it in front to the K 5.2 Support Forum. The bug still occurs!

Problem: When we split an old forum topic, we can not change the topic title or message in the new forum topic!
How to replicate:
1) Take an old forum topic which was created before Kunena v5.0.
2) Take one of the final posts of this topic and choose Moderate, then Split.
3) Select 2 or more posts and split them. Observe that there is no suggested topic title there while it should! (1st bug). Also observe that the topic is a base for all replies (it's auto-selected anyway and I don't know what is the role of this checkbox).
4) After your newly created topic is split try to edit it.

You will see that you can not edit the title and that the message is empty!

Solve it asap! That's a major issue and I have to login to mysql every time I split an old topic! I have hundreads of thousands of topics in my forum.

This is the old one that I split posts from:
www.gameworld.gr/forum/63/4548-games-%CE...%CE%B9-cinema/unread

And this is the one that I created and it has the same title:
www.gameworld.gr/forum/63/162112-games-%...%CE%B9-cinema#245343

Confirm and add it to the bug list please!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
I've tried it with a 7-year-old topic, but can't confirm the problem. Maybe your topics need a synchronization. Go in the backend to Kunena -> Tools and let recount the statistics. Maybe it helps.

More
2 years 11 months ago #3 by Kotsolis
Is it in any case dangerous for my database? Any chance that I lose topics? Shall I backup?

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #4 by xillibit
The synchronisation isn't dangerous for the database, but if you are afraid you can do a backup before to do it

Related to:
www.kunena.org/forum/k-5-2-support-archive/161377

Please merge this topic that we talk right now and the old topic and bring it in front to the K 5.2 Support Forum. The bug still occurs!

Problem: When we split an old forum topic, we can not change the topic title or message in the new forum topic!
How to replicate:
1) Take an old forum topic which was created before Kunena v5.0.
2) Take one of the final posts of this topic and choose Moderate, then Split.
3) Select 2 or more posts and split them. Observe that there is no suggested topic title there while it should! (1st bug).

I'am able to see the list of topics for the target, can-you please tell me which Kunena template are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by xillibit.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5 by Kotsolis
I have installed the latest Kunena version (5.2.6).

Another issue that isn't solved. The old topics that we splitted in the old Kunena version -and have the names of the original forum topics, can not be edited!

Why this bug still exists? What's the point of us wasting money to pay a developer to upgrade Kunena if we can't even edit our forum topics?
It would be more useful to pay you guys solve the issue in the next Kunena version and donate you.

This issue and also this:
www.kunena.org/forum/k-5-2-support/16098...deos?start=10#219923

Is there any support link where we can donate so that they are solved? We can't work like this. 

And we can't pay 35 dollars for a Dedicated server's Cpanel just to have MySQL access and login every time to edit topics.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #6 by rich
Use the former BBCode editor, as I suggested in another post (template setting -> tab BBCode). We have reintegrated this editor again because there are these problems with the CKEditor.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds