Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question usernames being displayed instead of Real Name

More
3 years 1 month ago #11 by xreliable

Hello,

I haven't looked at it yet

because you hate me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #12 by xreliable
I don't know if this is the actual fix but I changed as follows and seems to work...:
this:
Code:
// return FD::user($user->id)->username;
to this:
Code:
return FD::user($user->id)->name;
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by xreliable.

More
3 years 1 month ago #13 by xillibit
On the file \plg_kunena_easysocial\profile.php, at the replace the existing getprofilename method by this one :
Code:
public function getProfileName($user, $visitorname = '', $escape = true)     {         $config  = ES::config();        $displayusername =  $config->get('users.displayName');                 if ( $displayusername == 'username')        {            return FD::user($user->id)->username;        }        else        {            return FD::user($user->id)->name;        }                      }

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xreliable

More
3 years 1 month ago #14 by xreliable
thank you but in case this is affecting anyone else and for when you fix the plugin, this doesn't work. I get:
Rendering Error in layout Widget/MenuBar: Class 'KunenaProfileEasySocial' not found.
Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item/Message: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST).

More
3 years 1 month ago #15 by xillibit
The change is here in github : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/70...3bc3e25249b7881048d4

At which place do-you have this error ?

More
3 years 1 month ago #16 by xreliable
any kunena forum page the formatting of the site becomes hosed and these error show.

More
3 years 1 month ago #17 by xillibit
I have checked on my test site, all the Kunena pages but i don't see these errors. Do-you have a test site to allow me to look at it ?

More
3 years 1 month ago #18 by xreliable

I have checked on my test site, all the Kunena pages but i don't see these errors. Do-you have a test site to allow me to look at it ?

This is on a live site.  I fell back to my fix because it was working without error.  I'll try your fix again on your next release and if necessary I'll setup a test site. 

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #19 by unigene
Hello,
I have the same issue as xreliable but have Jomsocial instead of easysocial. So it looks as if all integrations are affected?

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #20 by xillibit
Hello,

Yes all integrations which do profile integration are affected, i need to do the same change that i had done for easysocial. Do-you know on jomsocial where is the setting to choose to display username or name ?

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds