Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Page does not reload after sending a post

More
8 years 6 months ago #11 by 810
Ok, we are trying else.

Try to remove your smtp host, this is a different one then your own host. Try with your own host.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris9044

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #12 by chris9044
I investigate more and it even gets more strange. I found out that if user 64 has a subscription it takes about 2 Seconds until he returns to the page which is ok. But if user 63 has a subscription (as only one) it takes more than 20 seconds, same if user 221 has a subcription (as only one). So if 22 users have a subscription it will be a time-out.

What does Kunena when sending a post with the subscription, why does it take so long for some users and for other users its done very short? I am really curious about, because 4 mont before (before tis problem appeared first time) I never had a problem like this... And I didn't changed anything, I not even made an update.

Hope for some ideas...

More
8 years 6 months ago #13 by chris9044
Sorry didn't saw your answer. How can I remove my smtp host? This is the host my provider gave me.

More
8 years 6 months ago #14 by 810
you can change it on the joomla configuration.

see: www.siteground.com/kb/how_to_setup_mail_in_joomla/

Thats for smtp.

But the default php mailer will be used normal.

set:

- send mail "Yes"
- Mailer * "php mailer"
- From email "Your email adress"
- From Name "The website name"
- Disable Mass Mail "No"

More
8 years 6 months ago #15 by chris9044
Yeaah - I think you found the solution. I changed now to PHP-Mail from a completly different provider and it seems to work. But: Is that not a problem for SPAM - Reasons if I send with PHP.Mail. I think I could get blocklisted because of that, or what do you think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
8 years 6 months ago #16 by 810
on a hoster you can post 500-1000 mails a day. Ask your hoster about that.

With smtp you have the same limit, so it doesn't change anything for you.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #17 by sozzled

chris9044 wrote: Yeaah - I think you found the solution. I changed now to PHPMail ... and it seems to work.

I'm pleased to read that this was the explanation for why, in your case, the page did not reload after posting a message on your forum. I am sorry that it took 2½ months to resolve this issue .

chris9044 wrote: Is [PHPmail] not a problem for SPAM ... I think I could get blocklisted because of that, or what do you think?

Good question! Possibly something we could discuss in another topic.

To be honest with you, I am not sure. Did you read somewhere that using PHPmail on a Joomla could get you blacklisted?

The most likely cause of getting blacklisted is if your email address becomes compromised and if you do not protect the email source appropriately. I am assuming that you have an email address associated with your domain, correct? If this is the case then you can do a couple of things to protect yourself by creating the appropriate SPF record for the domain. This is a difficult area to discuss on a forum but that's one idea.

As I said, interesting question and a discussion that we could have in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris9044

More
8 years 6 months ago #18 by chris9044
My provider told me about, that PHP Mailer can cause problems. But anyway, I'm very happy that the problem is solved and thank you and the other Kunena Developer, which name I don't see, for the final idea, which solved the topic. Thanks!

Best regards
Chris

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds