Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Kunena 4.05 bug (Subscriptions)

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #11 by rich

I just found that when using Blue Eagle one gets in the user profile only YES or NO , whereas in this forum there is also an extra choise DEFAULT
Don't know why since I think also this forum uses Blue Eagle.

Upgrade to Kunena 4.0.5 and you have all tree options.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HanKortekaas, kunenauser40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #12 by HanKortekaas
Rick, thanks, however I am waiting 'till Joomla 3.4.3 announces a stable version and apparently 4.05 is not a candidate yet.

Han

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #13 by harmlessdrudge
Sozzled,

This a bit worrying. I hadn't realized that things were near flat-lining on the development front but I've been to github and certainly looks this way. I find this extraordinary -- that such a good package should not be thriving. Even more puzzling is your commitment here. I find the decision not to listen to your advice, if indeed that's the decision that's been taken, astonishing.

Can I just say as an observer and occasional visitor here that I think you have been a huge factor in the success of Kunena and that I hope things do not grind to a halt. Hang in there, please.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by harmlessdrudge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
8 years 7 months ago #14 by csommer

sozzled wrote:

kunenauser40 wrote: Tell to all the users of the website to enter to their profiles in kunena to disable by themselves manually the subscriptions and every time before they post to uncheck the "tick" in the subscription (which is very annoying)

That's probably the best way to tackle this problem in the long-term.

Does anyone know how to make this setting available to users when integrating with Community Builder (it appears not to be available)?

More
8 years 7 months ago #15 by sozzled

csommer wrote:

sozzled wrote:

kunenauser40 wrote: Tell to all the users of the website to enter to their profiles in kunena to disable by themselves manually the subscriptions and every time before they post to uncheck the "tick" in the subscription (which is very annoying)

That's probably the best way to tackle this problem in the long-term.

Does anyone know how to make this setting available to users when integrating with Community Builder (it appears not to be available)?

This preference setting is only available as part of the Kunena user profile; your users cannot change their preference if you use Community Builder or JomSocial user profiles with your forum.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #16 by cuertech
I use Community builder profiles in Kunena and suffered the same described subscription checkbox behaviour issue after updating from Kunena 3.07 to Kunena 4.06 .

My solution to this (using PHP My Admin) was to change the value in the canSubscribe column in each row of the kunena_users table to "-1"

With this value the global Kunena configuration subscription checkbox setting is honoured for all users.

I prefer to set the global config subscription checkbox option to "No" and let my users choose to subscribe to a topic or not at the point of posting .
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by cuertech. Reason: Edited for clarity
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
8 years 6 months ago #17 by sozzled

cuertech wrote: I prefer to set the global config subscription option to "No" and let my users choose to subscribe to a topic or not at the point of posting .

I agree 100%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cuertech

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds