Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Bug K 4.0.3: How to enable reCAPTCHA v2 with Crypsis and Blue Eagle

More
8 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: A new release of kunena discuss plugin is planned with only the support of Joomla! recaptcha.

As we have discovered , only in the last 48 hours , there is a new version of Kunena Discuss .

If it was relatively straightforward to modify the Kunena Discuss plugin to allow the use of Google's reCAPTCHA v2, why is it so difficult to extend the same functionality to the Kunena component?

To be completely candid here, I do not think the explanation that has been offered is comfortable with the community of Kunena users who expect better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #12 by sozzled
I notice that there has been no feedback from the developers on this issue.

Yes, the Kunena Discuss 3.1 plugin uses Joomla's Captcha - ReCaptcha plugin settings.

But this is a "tale of two Kunenas" as far as the component is concerned.

1. Kunena HMVC (Crypsis) variant uses Joomla's Captcha - ReCaptcha plugin settings

2. Kunena non-HMVC (Blue Eagle) variant does not use Joomla's Captcha - ReCaptcha plugin settings

The question that remains to be answered is: why?

More
8 years 8 months ago #13 by xillibit
It's to keep comaptibility with templates based on blue eagle, the template maker need to update their templates to follow the same way that crypsis.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 8 months ago #14 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: It's to keep comaptibility with templates based on blue eagle, the template maker need to update their templates to follow the same way that crypsis.

I'm sorry but that sentence does not make any sense. I have asked, several times, for someone to explain why Kunena has not followed Joomla in every other respect except for this.

If it was easy enough to adapt the Kunena Discuss plugin to use Joomla, if it was easy enough to adapt Crypsis to use Joomla, why is it impossible to adapt Blue Eagle to follow in the same manner?

As I wrote earlier, this is a "tale of two Kunenas": one "Kunena" for the developers (it seems) and the poorer version of Kunena for the rest of the community. I'm sorry to express it in these terms but, quite simply, I don't think there's been a satisfactory explanation as to why it's not possible to allow Blue Eagle to use the Joomla Captcha - ReCaptcha plugin when every other part of K 4.0 can use this plugin.

More
8 years 8 months ago #15 by ruud
Hi @Xillibit, just returned from holiday and saw that new version of Discuss plugin is released. Does this release use the new recaptcha (2.0)? There is no changelog :(

sharing = caring

More
8 years 8 months ago #16 by xillibit
Yes this new version of discuss plugin use the joomla plugin, so you can use recapthca 2.0

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruud

More
8 years 8 months ago #17 by ruud
works like a charm :) Thanks for adding this improvement!

sharing = caring

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #18 by sozzled

810 wrote: The settings is for the backwards compatibility for blue eagle.

Blue eagle: Used the settings from kunena config
Crypsis: Used the default recaptcha joomla plugin

There will be no new features added to Blue Eagle anymore. Only small bugfixes.

810:

You edited my original post. Please do not edit other people's messages on this forum without adding an explanation for why you've made the change; I think this is just a common courtesy that the community is entitled to.

This topic is not "solved". As far as I am concerned, there is an unwillingness by the development team to address the core issue — the inability to use reCAPTCHA v 2.0 within the Kunena 4.0 (Blue Eagle variant) forum component. I think it's a bit odd that the developers are adding new features to K 4.0 (e.g. a colour palette picker, autosubscriptions, new menu items/views, etc.) but they are not prepared to address the inconsistent behaviour within the existing feature set.

The topic was partly hijacked from the original subject when it went off to talk about the Kunena Discuss component.

ruud wrote: ... just ... saw that new version of Discuss plugin is released. Does this release use the new recaptcha (2.0)? There is no changelog :(

Yes, it's nice to know that the developers were prepared to "add" the new reCAPTCHA v 2.0 "feature" to Kunena Discuss 3.1; it is not as welcome to know that they are incapable of doing similarly within the K 4.0 core component as well.

Until someone is prepared to invest the time to examine how (and why) reCAPTCHA v 2.0 can be implemented with K 4.0 Blue Eagle, please do not change the status of this topic to "solved".
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor typos

More
8 years 8 months ago #19 by 810
This topic is "Solved"

We did said several times, that blue eagle don't get any recaptch2 support.

So that is final answer.

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds